Two Questions Please ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I have the 2 channel 622GW hardwired in my car, I was just wondering what other owners have/do in regards to:

1. What setting length is best for video recording 1 min, 2 min or 3 min ? I currently have it set at 1 min ?

2. I don't use the Nextbase Video Player on a pc to manage my footage, I connect the dashcam via the Nextbase cable directly to my phone or take out the SD card and use a SD card reader connected directly to my phone. Using these methods I have noticed that when trying to share the footage via whatsapp, it states "format not compatible" and when trying to share via Gmail, I get the usual "the file exceeds blah blah blah"

How can I easy share recorded footage or do I have to use the pc version of the Nextbase Video Player and save it to the Nextbase Cloud ?

I'm just trying to keep this process plain and simple, especially since I don't have a laptop and have to borrow my wife's, as I get through life with just an android phone (Google Pixel 8) and a android tablet.(Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+).

Thanks

segment duration is a matter of personal preference, myself i prefer 3 minutes

I also do not use any form of dedicated dashcam player software, i know where i drive or can see it in the video, so i do not need a little map.

I always put memory card in my card reader on the PC, i have never shared footage out on the road, never will.

These days + a decade into my dashcam addiction i do not pull very much footage from my cameras, the stuff i do pull i have locked with the event button so it can be many weeks later when i get it to make a little video for youtube.

I go insane if i have to touch / look at my phone for more than 5 minutes daily, i do have a android tablet, it is on my bedside table and give me notifications from my home CCTV when someone are near my parked car.
But PC i love that.

Back