U1000 Wifi Api?

ChampaRando

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi!

I own a Thinkware U1000 but was interested if anyone has a wi-fi API for it (I just need it to automatically pull event videos only, not all regular ones). I currently do this for this unbranded dashcam I have, and it works fine since it uses a Novatek API.
I also own a Viofo A139 3CH and doing that for it also works fine (battery is still not drained, I drive daily so not a problem).

I found the APIs for other cameras by sniffing packets of the android app & for Viofo, the API is available on the Novatek (the processor) wifi api pdf manual, but the thinkware app is not able to find the camera as soon as I start sniffing (since my sniffing app creates a local VPN and thinkware cannot work with that I suppose). It would be more annoying to try and use Wireshark for this so if anyone has an API that would be good?

I connected my U1000 to my wifi router as a "hotspot". So basically whenever I pull into my driveway, it says "wifi connected" and when I turn off the car, the wifi light is turned off, but somehow, I am still able to PING the camera and it shows up as a network device in my router. So I suppose camera is still working with its Wifi even in park mode! Correct? So I just need an API/commands/directory on how I can retrieve event files.

Sometimes can help to decompile the mobile app and deep-dive into files. I found multiple things like that. :)

Sometimes can help to decompile the mobile app and deep-dive into files. I found multiple things like that. :)
Do you have a decent decompiler? The ones I try just give me junk or either have weird files. Did your decompiler give you proper java/kotlin source code or was it the one that gave variables random name and it was all random?

Last edited:
Depends on the compiler.., sometimes you need to try more decompilers. To be honest, most of the times I use some online scripts because I hate installing random programs with possible zero result. :ROFLMAO: Then I use tools like Uret Android Reverser Toolkit and JD-GUI.

Close the thread. I've solved the issue. I just automated the Thinkware App. Used a root bluestack running every 24 hours. Used Tasker automation clicks to download footage and upload to Gdrive.
Solved.

Not as pretty as I did with my other cameras, but Thinkware exposes no servers (that are not encrypted) so this solution works.
Thanks Nath.

Hi , I also have a u1000 and am interested in the auto wifi down load. Could u provide instructions to do this hack.Thanks Vince

Back