UK mains to cigarette socket

Anno655321

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Duo w/ CF
Is there such a thing as a standard UK plug to a cigarette socket? Sometimes I need to test/configure camera and its annoying when you need to and back from car to check the camera. I would like to have the camera plugged inside so can easily configure the firmware settings next to the computer.

Does anyone have one or can recommend a good/reliable one?

Camera is BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Thank you

I use a mains - USB adapter rated at around 2A. A 13A plug with a USB socket built in.
Seem to be coming supplied with a few phones nowadays.

the Blackvue runs on 12V
My bad.
Before I had the Mains/USB plug, I often used a portable powerpack/jumpstarter/compressor. It, at least, gave it some use inbetween the years of never being needed to jumpstart my car.

As the mini 0806/mini 0805 uses a micro USB plug to power them, I used one of these

when I was testing the pair of them out, handy little things, this one cost me about £6 but have seen a few others on eBay cheaper but not sure how good the cheaper ones are.

as I’m building a motorised slider rail for time lapse photography, I got hold of one of these

LINK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262003529146
how good this is I don’t yet know as it only arrived end of last week so haven’t put it to the test yet, but has power out for 12v DC 9v DC and USB so should be OK to power a DVR, but you never know for sure

how true their calm is I’m not sure but at the back of it is a label saying:

input - 12.6VCD
out - 12VDC 6500mAH
out - 9 OVDC 8500mAh
out - 5 OVDC 15000mAh

Back