Country
United States
Dash Cam
https://uriveusa.com
0.png 0-1.png
Urive Albatross IV

alba4_img.jpg

Full HD- Full HD High-quality video recording
It provides clean & vivid video quality (front/rear: 1920x1080) and optimal viewing angles (front: 124°, rear: 109°) by recording all of the important scenes while driving and parking monitoring mode. It provides max. 30fps clear videos for front with the Urive’s tuning technology
alba4_01.jpg

4” wide touch screen
The front and rear real time video and recorded videos can be viewed on a 4” wide LCD screen. In addition, thanks to a smart GUI-based touch method, environment setting and SD card formatting can be carried out directly from the LCD.
alba4_02.jpg

Premium IPS Panel adapted High-quality & low-capacity video recording
It demonstrates clearly the high-resolution images from any viewing angle at IPS panel. This product is capable of recording high quality images in low doses to adopt high profile codec.
alba4_03.jpg

LDWS(Lane departure warning system)
LDWS operates in a way that the front camera recognizes the road lane in real time and, if the driver falls asleep while driving or drives poorly, causing the car to depart the lane, it will notify about it through the preset warning sound.
albaq_04.jpg

FCWS(Forward collusion warning system)
FCWS operates in a way that the front camera recognizes a vehicle in front while driving and analyzes the movement of vehicles on the same lane. If it detects the possible collision in advance, gives a warning sound.
albaq_05.jpg

FVSA(Front Vehicle start alarm)
FVSA provides warning information when the front car start to go.
albaq_06.jpg

Format Free
One of the recorded image on the SD card is not stored across into many pieces, due to sudden power loss, if the images are not perfectly finished recording, and the file can be played. The product consists of a stable system, users do not need to format the SD card regularly.
albaq_10.jpg

Excellent for heat resistance (Auto-saver)
It has Auto-saver function to protect by itself from the heat. It will turns the LCD off when the temperature is higher than its set temperature. Even if the LCD is off, it records all the videos.
alba4_08.jpg

Smart parking event notification
Urive Albatross4 gives parking event information with a red LED blinks even when the driver is outside of the car. It also gives voice guides about "parking event occurred" when it switch from parking mode to driving mode.
alba4_04.jpg

Wide Dynamic Range
Urive Albatross4 can record optimized videos with WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) function. Even though there are less lights like tunnels, it can amend its dark parts to recognize any car number plate, and milestones easily.
alba4_05.jpg

Last edited:
Strange name for a dashcam.

The Albatross bird carries a lot of superstitions with it.

"The Albatross is both a sign of good and bad luck. The main belief is that the Albatross carries the souls of dead mariners. Sighting one flying overhead was considered good luck as the sailors believed that the mariner soul the Albatross carried had come to protect them from harm or bring needed winds for the ship’s sails. Some sailors believed an Albatross sighting would be a bad omen as it would mean someone was doomed to die in the near future. Regardless of which way a sailor would view the Albatross, the shooting and killing of an Albatross was a promised curse to befall the entire crew. "

What amazes me is that most of the images depicted on their advertising are not from the camera itself ...

The shot of Venice is made with a good corrected lens with no optical aberration (eg the typical barrel distortion) ...

The aerial shot of the car the same ...

The shot of the car crash also ...

The red car in the blue building also ...

and the last shot of Hong Kong the same ...

Not a single of those images was shot with the camera as they all do not have the typical Barrel distortion for those mini lenses of the dash cameras

Are you ashamed of the quality of the images your cameras delivers knowing that all dash cameras do have this optically uncorrected mini lenses ?

Just asking :(

Urive_01.JPG Urive_02.JPG

What amazes me is that most of the images depicted on their advertising are not from the camera itself ...

The shot of Venice is made with a good corrected lens with no optical aberration (eg the typical barrel distortion) ...

The aerial shot of the car the same ...

The shot of the car crash also ...

The red car in the blue building also ...

and the last shot of Hong Kong the same ...

Not a single of those images was shot with the camera as they all do not have the typical Barrel distortion for those mini lenses of the dash cameras

Are you ashamed of the quality of the images your cameras delivers knowing that all dash cameras do have this optically uncorrected mini lenses ?

Just asking :(

View attachment 24442 View attachment 24443

I agree with you in regards to missing an "optical aberration", but I think they have implemented dewarping function which is used long time ago on many Ambarella based dashcam.
I believe photos used are just background to explain or present functions / specs.

I agree with you in regards to missing an "optical aberration", but I think they have implemented dewarping function which is used long time ago on many Ambarella based dashcam.
I believe photos used are just background to explain or present functions / specs.

I know what you mean but as a consumer I like to see the truth about the product and not just fancy images not out of the camera ...

Would you not ?

:cool:

If what you write would be the case why not put it in written as a main feature and HUGE advantage against all their competitors ? Maybe because they do not have it as if I guess well de-warping in real time needs quite some computing power ?

Urive_03.JPG

I know what you mean but as a consumer I like to see the truth about the product and not just fancy images not out of the camera ...

Would you not ?

As a consumer I do understand you.

Last edited:

Would you not ?

look at any Korean camera, their advertising always looks like this, just how they do things

look at any Korean camera, their advertising always looks like this, just how they do things

Yes I see that in nearly all advertising of dashcams of many different countries :confused:

Have you ever tried to scull a gondola across a waterfall? No thanks. :)

Is there a market for dashcams with a large, separate display unit like this?

Have you ever tried to scull a gondola across a waterfall? No thanks. :)

Is there a market for dashcams with a large, separate display unit like this?

About 90% of Korean dashcam market are with large display like that. Koreans, especially high-end brand names do build very high quality dashcams, no doubt here, I have owned many Premium class Korean dashcams including previous gen. Albatross 2 ( over 2.5y old ) which is still works flawlessly in my friend car. Design wise is just the way local Korean market demand dictates.

could any one help me how to set up correct daate and time in Central time ?? I have set it date and time and ajust it at my Cenral time (USA) but it alway go early day and time ?? and where to fine update firmware ?
Thank

Back