[USA] Texting driver ignores green light, loses his mind over being honked at

A class act, by all participants.
The background music should be the bluegrass classic 'dueling XXXXheads'.

Both guys are idiots. A quick press of the horn would have done. By pressing the horn long like that, he escalated the situation and was challenged to a fight.

Yes, and he waited almost a whole 2 seconds before getting on the horn. Mr. Patience. :)

How long before we see dashcam videos from both parties in a situation like this?

(both thinking they are in the right?)

I have just heard from the ministry of foreign affairs, this guy have officially been named a honorable Danish viking for his beserker skills. :p

He will fit right in with all the other dumbasses we have here :rolleyes:

Long honking dont work here, at least not yet.
But i would love to have seen 2 hand footage of the woman i 2 x flipped off and screamed at like a true maniac while hanging out the window of my friends Dodge ramcharger. ( she was camly trowing lots of garbage out of her window at a intersection while waiting for green light )

The words i screamed at her is in no way suitable for this site :mad:

Yes, and he waited almost a whole 2 seconds before getting on the horn. Mr. Patience. :)

How long before we see dashcam videos from both parties in a situation like this?

(both thinking they are in the right?)
:confused: Comes to a standstill at 2s, doesn't press horn until 12s:confused:

Both guys are idiots. A quick press of the horn would have done. By pressing the horn long like that, he escalated the situation and was challenged to a fight.
:confused:That horn press lasted all of 1 second

Watch the traffic light over the turn lane then start the count when it turns green

In some lights, there is no time to wait.
I've been behind some of those idiots where the green arrow doesn't even last for 5 secs and have to wait entire 4 way cycle before the next green arrow so I've honked at few drivers within the 1st 2 secs.
When I'm the 1st one in those lights, I don't even blink but stare at the light and off I go before anyone has chance to honk.

Watch the traffic light over the turn lane then start the count when it turns green
the light was completely blank for so long, i assumed it was broken and should have been treated as a 4way stop... except that the lane to the right had a regular green. so maybe just the red was burned out on the turn lane.

Hard to tell. Didn't see any 'left turn on arrow ONLY' signs or something like that. Maybe it was 'ahole detection' mode?

Both are wrapped too tight.

Had to watch that on fullscreen & still didn't notice the "green" light - there's a water droplet right over the, barely visible, light.
This idiot really should take on board the fact that he was caught out by a member of public.
Had that been a patrol car, they would've sat & sat & sat & then given him a nice long day out in court, points? large fine? ban?

It's amazing really, when someone does something totally stupid like that & then they have the cheek to have a go at others - when they are the ones in the wrong.

Last edited:
In some lights, there is no time to wait.
I've been behind some of those idiots where the green arrow doesn't even last for 5 secs and have to wait entire 4 way cycle before the next green arrow so I've honked at few drivers within the 1st 2 secs.
When I'm the 1st one in those lights, I don't even blink but stare at the light and off I go before anyone has chance to honk.
We have a set of lights at the end of my road, left turn & green light lasts forever. Right turn (the one on the bus route) takes you into town & the green lasts a matter of seconds. On a good day, 4 cars will get through, assuming everyone is quick off the mark. I was unfortunate to get stuck behind a learner - they barely made it past the bike box when the lights changed. I'd already sat & waited through one sequence so had to sit through another. Looking at the time on my camera, a green light lasts 4 seconds, a red light lasts 2 minutes.
4 minutes is a long time to wait - especially when you have to be somewhere.

And who instigated that ?

Love how he writes brake checks when he barely moved 2 feet....

Some people need to vent , ok , texting at the wrong time is illegal ..
But road rage is also , It cost a little time , but why escalate the situation at all . I mean , some people have death wish !
Some one silly enough to text , could be silly enough to kill you , especially if you are being a tool !
If your that offended , simply go to your local police station and make a complaint , show the police the video and sign the complain form .
I mean instigating a road rage situation and possibly eating a bullet or sucking on a knife is just silly beyond belief ..

Did we recently have some road rage shootings in the land of Oz ? ( I think we did )
The Nanny state had some out of control children ...

The USA and Russia have produced some interesting * ( Dangerous ) road rage Gun encounters !
Some folks are wound way too tight ...
I would suggest more sex ! Less driving ..

And who instigated that ?
Local council were desperate to attract major business. Arla came along with a seemingly blank cheque book so local council gave them all they wanted in return for Arls paying for some road 'improvements'.
The lights are designed to speed traffic down a main route then off onto a 'ring road' (this junction is the only place where this is signed as such.
All Arla stuff coming to the plant has to come via this ring road (even though it adds miles). So everything coming along the road gets a lovely, long green light (left turn).
Of course, they also send the same amount of stuff back out, so it all has to turn right - and the only way to keep it moving is for them to have a long green light - which means we get the 4s light.
Prior to these lights, everything moved, albeit slowly around some mini roundabouts, at least with these, anything turning right meant they stopped oncoming traffic so you could get out to turn left. Not perfect but it worked well. Since these lights, we now see miles of traffic queues - at peak times, people sit in the junction. People also jump reds as they have been waiting so long.
Even though the road has a huge keep clear box where it meets my estate, I often have problems getting out as idiots tend to sit in the box - and despite numerous complaints to local dignitaries & police, nobody gives a crap. So now, I have to set out 10 minutes earlier & wait in a long queue just to get out of my estate - constant flow of nose to tail traffic coming by - except for the 5s of red light, whereupon there's a constant flow of traffic coming past the other way!

Relevant XKCD: https://xkcd.com/1116/
traffic_lights.gif

:eek: thats it ! for my American grand tour i will have to get a local driver :p

Back