[USA] Texting driver rear-ends truck - [0:26]

The truck was invisible, at least for the suv.

The guy that was hit did a allright job keeping it together, i bet his heartrate doubled in milliseconds :eek:

we need to start very publicly revoking the licenses of people who crash because they were on their phone or computer or otherwise not driving. maybe then people will put the damn things down and drive...

He wasn't texting, the truck had a super strong magnet that sucked him into the trailer :D

I don't buy the texting video title though. He probably suffered a medical problem while driving, there was no brake lights until well after the crash.

...I don't buy the texting video title though. He probably suffered a medical problem while driving, there was no brake lights until well after the crash.

That's no indication as to whether he was texting or not. I've seen people so engrossed in other activities they actually sat through 2 traffic light cycles and were oblivious to it. I know because I was the car behind her and waited to see how long it would take her to wake up. :rolleyes:

A year or two back there was footage of a bloke driving a bus along a freeway at stupid mph & he was so engrossed in his phone for an absolute age before looking up a second before he hit the back of another vehicle. I don't know about America but here there's been a few incidents which have never been fully reported in the press. Everything seems to go very quiet - I think they don't want to further upset the family of the one who caused the smash.
At the end of the day though, if someone caused a smash & people died then it should be put out there as a warning to others.

Back