USB streaming and SD recording

carlo

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello,

Sorry for the question but it's the first time on this forum and I don't know if I'm in the correct section.

I'm looking for a cam sending video data streaming on USB port and in the mean time working as standard dash cam (recording video on SD, parking detection and so on). Unfortunately, for my project I can't use standard AV out with a grabber or wifi streaming. Obviously, once set one time only, the cam shall work in this mode everytime, after a power off/on also.
Do you know if some cam does what I described?

Thanks in advance.

Carlo

Some dash cams may work in webcam mode, so it might be possible. But you need to figure out drivers, etc. It's not very simple, of course it depends on how experienced you are.

Some dash cams may work in webcam mode, so it might be possible. But you need to figure out drivers, etc. It's not very simple, of course it depends on how experienced you are.

Yhanks, Olli. No problem in manage drivers or reading a stream. But I found cam that work in webcam mode by manual setting only, excluding sd recording. Never a cam working concurrently with recording. Are you experienced in some model, part number?

Unfortunately I don't know any :( What about if you ask eBay sellers, I think they'll help.

Back