Using a USB battery pack

Wow that is one hell of a setup. Hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea there for my ride πŸ˜€ Have you found that you've had to re-apply the vaseline often to prevent water getting in?
It hasn't been there that long, but Vaseline is what you use to waterproof car battery terminals and in that situation it lasts for years. Since the connectors are underneath the lights I don't think it will be any different to a car battery.

I haven't put any on the camera connection, I only use the camera in the dry and I want to be able to unplug it, Vaseline isn't for things that need to be unplugged frequently.

Post some pictures when you are finished, so that we can admire the result, or maybe laugh πŸ˜€
 
Hi,
I have one Git2 that I use on my helmet and i'm thinking of buying another to use (maybe) on the crashbars of my motorcycle.

Even having more than one battery at the moment, sometimes I can't stop to switch batteries so i though that I could use the new one plugged in to the 12v I have on my motorcycle (with a USB adapter).

With this setup I can't, or I shouldn't, use the Git2 with a case, even it being open on the connections side and on the back?

Thanks
 
Hi,
I have one Git2 that I use on my helmet and i'm thinking of buying another to use (maybe) on the crashbars of my motorcycle.

Even having more than one battery at the moment, sometimes I can't stop to switch batteries so i though that I could use the new one plugged in to the 12v I have on my motorcycle (with a USB adapter).

With this setup I can't, or I shouldn't, use the Git2 with a case, even it being open on the connections side and on the back?

Thanks
If you want to use a case then you can use a GoPro case and cut a hole for the power cable. The Gitup case has the latch in the way.

I think on a motorcycle a case is a good idea, and definitely if it is raining. On a bicycle you are not normally going fast enough for the lens to get covered in squashed insects!
 
If you want to use a case then you can use a GoPro case and cut a hole for the power cable. The Gitup case has the latch in the way.

I think on a motorcycle a case is a good idea, and definitely if it is raining. On a bicycle you are not normally going fast enough for the lens to get covered in squashed insects!
Besides the waterproof that came with my Git2, I have another that is open but my doubt/concern is if even with that one, will the Git2 not turn out to be a lot hot making videos and charging at the same time?

f053b71f6514cde946c50ac29689ab41.jpg


55670dad6315fafd5e70f5fea8754d1b.jpg
 
It would be a good idea to turn it off when you are parked on a sunny day and there is no wind going over it. Maybe also keep it charged so that it doesn't try to charge itself when on the bike.

The Git2 does use less power than most 1080P60 cameras so will not get as hot as most and I've not heard of anyone having overheating problems - it is not like a GoPro! But be sensible, the sun can be very powerful in Portugal in the summer.
 
It would be a good idea to turn it off when you are parked on a sunny day and there is no wind going over it. Maybe also keep it charged so that it doesn't try to charge itself when on the bike.

The Git2 does use less power than most 1080P60 cameras so will not get as hot as most and I've not heard of anyone having overheating problems - it is not like a GoPro! But be sensible, the sun can be very powerful in Portugal in the summer.
When parked it doesn't even stay on my motorcycle; someone can steel it. πŸ™‚

How do you know? You already visited Portugal? πŸ™‚
 
Last edited:
When parked it doesn't even stay on my motorcycle; someone can steel it. πŸ™‚

How do you know? You already visited Portugal? πŸ™‚
Only one time, I spent a week in Lisbon, then got on a ship and sailed out across the Atlantic - beautiful trip down the river.
 
Only one time, I spent a week in Lisbon, then got on a ship and sailed out across the Atlantic - beautiful trip down the river.
Read carefully: You REALLY need to visit Porto (Oporto) and Rio Douro (Douro river). Trust me, you will not regret πŸ™‚
 
Just one more question:

Any of you know how can I connect the external mic and at the same time connect the Git2 to my 12v plug (by USB; I have a cigarette adapter)? Maybe a combo cable to connect both things.
 
Just one more question:

Any of you know how can I connect the external mic and at the same time connect the Git2 to my 12v plug (by USB; I have a cigarette adapter)? Maybe a combo cable to connect both things.
try a search - @Pier28 has one he uses in a plane to charge and record sound from the plane's intercom. seen others too.
 
It hasn't been there that long, but Vaseline is what you use to waterproof car battery terminals and in that situation it lasts for years. Since the connectors are underneath the lights I don't think it will be any different to a car battery.

I haven't put any on the camera connection, I only use the camera in the dry and I want to be able to unplug it, Vaseline isn't for things that need to be unplugged frequently.

Post some pictures when you are finished, so that we can admire the result, or maybe laugh πŸ˜€

Cheers Nigel, and apologies for the delay in replying. Thanks for letting me know - it's definitely something I want to consider doing too.
I've posted a couple of videos on the video thread here:- https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gitup-git2-videos.17572/page-3#post-245483 πŸ™‚
 
weight is big when you have to power yourself along the road, allso a reason why i on my last racer had a aerodynamic water bottle ( campagnolo offcourse )

vintage-nos-campagnolo-c-record-aero-water-bottle-borraccia-biodinamica-900_171749149733.jpg


They seem to be vintage now which hurt me as this was in 1989, and now i feel even older after looking after a pic of that waterbottle.
 
Back
Top