Using an iPad to update firmware on a B1W.

Geordie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blueskysea B1W
I don't have a PC or laptop and use an iPad for everything, quite successfully. I've just bought a B1W and am working my way around things and want to upgrade the firmware. I've formatted a 32gig SanDisk High Endurance micro SD card and find there are now four folders on the card - DCIM, EVENT & JPEG. The instructions for upgrading the firmware state that I should download the upgrade, which I have done, and copy the two upgrade files to the root of the card. Where is that? In one of those four folders?

I'd appreciate any help, being quite new to all of this.

I do not have an iPad around, I will have a test and back to you very soon!

I don't have a PC or laptop and use an iPad for everything, quite successfully. I've just bought a B1W and am working my way around things and want to upgrade the firmware. I've formatted a 32gig SanDisk High Endurance micro SD card and find there are now four folders on the card - DCIM, EVENT & JPEG. The instructions for upgrading the firmware state that I should download the upgrade, which I have done, and copy the two upgrade files to the root of the card. Where is that? In one of those four folders?

I'd appreciate any help, being quite new to all of this.
Just wonder if you unzipped firmware folder or not?

Files need to be extracted before copying to the card, don't copy to any folders or the update won't run

"root of the card".

The root of the card is the area where you see the folders \DCIM \EVENT \JPEG
\ is the root.
\DCIM is in the root of the card.
\EVENT is in the root of the card
\JPEG is in the root of the card

You want your card to look like this afterward (unzip the files to the \ of the card):
\default_cfg.bin
\cardvr_img.bin
\DCIM
\EVENT
\JPEG

Please tell me its memory card info. to me also!

Vickey
The formatted memory card has four folders - DCIM, EVENT & JPEG.
From what I read in the replies above, I need to unzip the two update files. I didn't realise that!

Just PM you this unzipped firmware download link, you can have a try then!

Back