v1.12.06 12 / 15/ 18Mbps for Panorama 2, Panorama S

Just downloaded firmware and realized it is in ELF format. ELF is a commonly used binary format in systems like Linux/UNIX and it has an ELF signature: 7f 45 4c 46
I believe Panorama is a UNIX solution with BSD style license which allows to make changes to original code without publishing those changes in contrast to GPL license. After vacation I'll take a look at firmware. Who knows, may be we can make a custom one :)

Just downloaded firmware and realized it is in ELF format. ELF is a commonly used binary format in systems like Linux/UNIX and it has an ELF signature: 7f 45 4c 46
I believe Panorama is a UNIX solution with BSD style license which allows to make changes to original code without publishing those changes in contrast to GPL license. After vacation I'll take a look at firmware. Who knows, may be we can make a custom one :)

That would be Super ! @ custom one. Users would be happy to share their thoughts on what changes they want to see.

First, we have to unpack firmware, pack it back without changes and brick nico's device :p

First, we have to unpack firmware, pack it back without changes and brick nico's device :p

I already have a big experience in "devices-bricking" :)
This is just a pcs of electronics. They all come and go, but most important is The Knowledge yiu get! Of course its sad that knowledge comes at a price, but what can u do?, - "there are no free lunch" as they say ;)

We are ready to do it on ttp://car-dvr.info/forum/
Our programmers will try to deal with .elf and make custom firmware for Panorama,
but for this first we need to obtain permission from manufacturer, Sungmoon Jang.

Last edited:
We are ready to do it on http://car-dvr.info
Our programmers will try to deal with .elf and make custom firmware for Panorama,
but for this first we need to obtain permission from manufacturer, Sungmoon Jang.

Permission is essential.

Hi, I also want to make good firmware.
This unit has encrytion chipset added already. Even can get the source code, it is useless. Try is upto you. But I think to break encryption will take more time.
It means I am not give permission.

This unit has encrytion chipset added already. Even can get the source code, it is useless. Try is upto you. But I think to break encryption will take more time.
Accepted.
Work to create custom firmware will not be held.
Thanks for a clear answer.

I think the best if more people add their request into "panorama request" thread, so Sungmoon Jang can see what need to be changed depending on popularity of request vs how hard or easy it can be implemented vs cost involved.
So there are many factors to consider.

I will add some function.
1. Mile/km change option
2. Night time on high reflection situation the plate number recognized.
3. Some area, speed camera warning (try )
It will do step by step.
So panorama S firmware will be upgrade step by step.

Thanks

For the Russian clients will soon be ready manual in Russian for Panorama S

can't get the download link to work? all i get is a blank screen and "Done but with errors"

Well, all the phones have secure bootloaders etc. Many of them have signed kernel etc. As for now, I don't know any Android/Apple(read UNIX) phone which was not ever hacked :) In basic case we don't need to alter kernel/loader, but could modify some binaries/scripts only. In harder case there is a signed user space image, but it would take some time to check checksum and load image. This would affect boot time. There are many ways to protect firmware and improve boot time, so I don't know what's the case, but at least we can try to check it :)

For the Russian clients will soon be ready manual in Russian for Panorama S

Great. I just wanted to propose some help with translation. And I'm still ready to provide some help if needed. Actually, high quality English manual should be created too.

I will add some function.
1. Mile/km change option
2. Night time on high reflection situation the plate number recognized.
3. Some area, speed camera warning (try )
It will do step by step.
So panorama S firmware will be upgrade step by step.

Thanks
May I ask to make separate G-sensor configurations for Driving and Parking modes? At the moment, G-sensors seems to be useless, because it is too sensitive for driving and not sensitive enough for parking, so I'm going to switch it off.

Dropbox worked - thanks for replying here!

I recently purchased and received by Panorama S from shpkorea, however, it came with a note that said NOT to upgrade the firmware.

Is there a reason for this? How do I check my current firmware? I would like to upgrade to the latest for obvious reasons.

Also to confirm, I don't have to reformat to FAT32? It's okay now to keep my Samsung 64GB SDXC in exFAT?

Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P II / S 2
C II / S 1
D II / S 4
D II / S 19
L II / S 2
Back