V660 / V2000GS

HDRyder said:
Does anyone know if replacement windshield mounts are available for these camera's. If so please provide a link to the website. Thanks.

You can ask parts from vendors listed by DashCamMan on the first page of this thread.

I got rid of mine so unfortunately, I cannot come up with any pics but I know for sure, there are 8 total screws. You only need to remove 6 to open the unit. There are 2 screws on the upper part where you mount it, then there are 4 in the back, and 2 in the middle front behind the lens bezel. It seems to be glued and you have to kind of twist it off. Once you do that, you'll see the 2 hidden screws, remove them and you should be good.
Thank you rose1! It was exactly as you said! We have to twist the plastic ring. It has no thread. It is simply glued to the rest. The glue is quite easy to overcome. It is not a cyanoacrylate, but a butapren-like type of glue (like the one that is used when fixing shoes).
There are 2 screws near the lens. It seems that trying to open without unscrewing them will simply damage the camera casing. Best solution to get rid of the lens barrel is to use pliers, vise and some insulation tape to protect from scratches.
I am posting 3 images that show where those secret screws are. Those are pictures of a modified version with a new battery, etc. My version was overheating so the fan was installed. It had a DOA battery which was common with that model .
After those fixes it is quite good camera, but the night quality is the main issue.

Two secret screws and the glued lens barrel:
v2000gs_1.jpg v2000gs_2.jpg v2000gs_3.jpg

I have a V2000GS, when i set date and time and when i start driving the date and time moves 8 hours ahead when it picks up the GPS signal. My manual is in Russian and i'am trying to find a manual in English. I know it's something in the settings, but what? Help.

There will be a GMT offset setting in the menu you need to adjust

Thank you, that's it. It's working great now. I was worried if i had a accident with a wrong time/date on the cam they might squeeze out of paying for the damage.

Does anyone know where I can download the Play/GPS Software for the V2000GS?

Back