V660 / V2000GS

hungarycam

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Hi,
I found a DVR type with GPS on the http://www.egos.cc which is very similar to the GS1000: it is called V660.

Egos says that this is newer and better (and more expensive) as GS1000, and it is also called V2000GS. (But it seems completely others than GS2000.) The software version is V1.08 T24-MFH.

Do you know something about this "new" model? Can it be really better than a GS1000 with orange menu?!

hungarycam

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: V660

Hi hungarycam,

The V660 is dash cam released in mid 2012. It is actually supposed to be the replacement / upgrade of the DOD GS600. It goes under many names:

HD-G660 - Transfluent Technology is the manufacturer and this is the name they call it

V2000GS from Shenzen CG Electronics on Aliexpress or from Stuart Lin on Aliexpress

V660 from estore009 on eBay

GS700 from Betterking on Aliexpress

A1080PC5B from eprance on Aliexpress

This camera comes with firmware ending in T24-MFH. The most common firmware versions are V1.08 T24-MFH and V1.6 T24-MFH. The video quality is comparable to the GS1000 orange menu (I will post some). As can be seen from the links above, it hasn't sold that well (<20 units sold at most of the major sellers). This camera uses the same Ambarella A2S60 processor as the GS1000 / GS600 / F500LHD / F900LHD / etc.

Dash Cam Man

Here are some pictures of the camera:

V2000GS%20Box.jpg

V2000GS%20Menu.jpg

V2000GS%20Disassembled%201.jpg

V2000GS%20Disassembled%202.jpg

V2000GS%20Disassembled%203.jpg

Day Video Comparison - 1st video is the V2000GS, 2nd video is the GS1000 Orange Menu. Quality is not dramatically different.

Night Video Comparison - 1st video is the V2000GS, 2nd video is the GS1000 Orange Menu. The V2000GS performs slightly better.

Known problems

The main problem experienced by owners is the poor battery included with this camera. The battery is very similar to the one that comes with the DOD GS600 which experienced many problems. Some users have complained about the battery being dead on arrival. With a dead battery, the camera does not save the last video file when power is disconnected. Not very helpful if you get into an accident.

Another complaint is that when the SD Card is filled, the camera rewrites the last file instead of erasing the oldest (may be an isolated event).

Some users complain about the camera hanging or freezing. Need to hit the reset button to get it working again (only a few reports of this).

Overall, if you are willing to change the battery on this camera (unsolder old battery and solder new battery), this can be a usable camera.

On the positive side, people love the adhesive mount on this camera and the GPS has been pretty good.

One other thing. Most vendors provide a short power adapter for this dash cam (<1.5M). However Shenzen CG Electronics apparently provides a longer one (3M to 4M).

Compared to the GS1000 Orange Menu, the V2000GS is more expensive and has the battery issue. It does have slightly better night quality though. Due to these reasons, most people have stuck with the GS1000.

Dash Cam Man

DashCamMan, thank you for the detailed answer! I think I stay also at GS1000 orange menu...

hungarycam

Recently I've bought v2000gs and I had the same problem with battery .i tried to makes apart but I couldn't ,i screwed out 6 bolts but couldn't detach them. Could you explain how you've done it?

eman81 said:
Recently I've bought v2000gs and I had the same problem with battery .i tried to makes apart but I couldn't ,i screwed out 6 bolts but couldn't detach them. Could you explain how you've done it?

Hi eman81,

These pictures are from a Russian owner. Based on other cameras, I would think after the screws are removed, you need to gently pry open the case using a small flat head screwdriver. Usually the cameras come apart quite easily.

Dash Cam Man

Does anyone know what size battery that can fit into this model to upgrade from the OEM one?
The one in the picture is a 3.7v 180 mAh. but I don't know the physical size to look for. Knowing
this I can pre-order the battery to have it here when the camera arrives.

I will be getting this camera shortly after the fake GS5000 I received.

Here are the sizes I could find for Walkera batteries on Ebay

Original 180 mAh Size ?
200 32 x 25 x 7 mm
240 34 x 20 x 5 mm
300 33 x 20 x 7 mm
350 37 x 20 x 7 mm
450 56 x 30 x 12 mm
500 40 x 25 x 7.5 mm
600 44 x 25 x 8.2mm
650 45 x 25 x 7 mm
1000 55 x 30 x 9 mm
1100 50 x 30 x 9 mm
1200 64 x 30 x 7 mm

Thanks,

Malodave

Hi Malodave,

The battery in the picture comes from DX. It is no longer available. I know another owner used the following battery from eBay. It is no longer for sale, but the size is 21mm(L)*12mm(W)*4.0mm(H)

Note the original battery is only 40mAh as seen in the picture and is much smaller.

Here are some options:

3.7v 90mAh on eBay (21x12x4mm)

3.7v 120mAh on eBay (30x11.5.5mm)

3.7v 150 mAh on eBay (30x12x5mm)

3.7v 180mAh on eBay (35x12x5mm)

The first one will fit but I'm not sure of the other ones.

Dash Cam Man

I just purchased this camera and received it with a dead battery on arrival. Now I know that's a huge downfall but I must say, other than the dead battery, this is actually a pretty decent camera. I've had it for 3 weeks and it's been reliable so far. The picture quality, in my opinion, is excellent (although I haven't really had anything to compare it to). Night quality is also very good. If they can make this camera with a battery bigger than 40mah, it would be tough to beat at $120.

Does anyone know wow to take this apart? I see the pictures on this discussion but there's got to be more to it than just removing the 6 screws. I've done that and cannot get it apart. I tried to pry it open but it's not opening.

Hi rose1,

I believe you need to carefully pry it open with a small flat head screwdriver.

rose1 said:
Does anyone know wow to take this apart? I see the pictures on this discussion but there's got to be more to it than just removing the 6 screws. I've done that and cannot get it apart. I tried to pry it open but it's not opening.
I'm in the same boat. It's much harder to open up than the GS600.
Please post here if you figure out how to do it.

I finally figured out how to open this. There are 2 extra screws that are hidden behind lens bezel. Just twist the lens bezel off and you'll see the 2 very well hidden screws. The lens bezel seems to be held to the camera with glue. But it does come off easily

I have 2 of these cameras with firmware V1.08 T24-MFH Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade to V1.6 T24-MFH?

rose1 said:
I have 2 of these cameras with firmware V1.08 T24-MFH Does anyone know if there's a way to upgrade to V1.6 T24-MFH?

So I was able to locate firmware 1.6 T24-MFH from a Russian site but I don't know how to upgrade the firmware. Does anyone know how to upgrade these?

Rose1
Where did u find the firmware? Please post a link I'm very interested!

I got it from a russian site but I had to go through hoops to actually download it. I had to register and re-register. I'll upload it here. Click below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/co8tn3

If you find out how to upgrade it, please post the instructions

Steve said:
Rose1
Where did u find the firmware? Please post a link I'm very interested!

Hey Steve, I wouldn't worry about updating the firmware anymore. Just read on a Russian site that firmware v1.08 T24-MFH is in fact the latest firmware. It's really supposed to be V 1.8 T24-MFH but for some strange reason, they added a 0 in front of the 8. So V1.6 T24-MFH is the older firmware. I should have known because for the two V2000GS's that I have, the serial number are 330342 and 330383 and they both have 1.08 while the ones I see in pictures with the 1.6 firmware, their serial numbers start with 2 instead of 3. So I'll be leaving mine alone with the v1.08 T24-MFH (V1.8 T24-MFH)

Now all we have to worry about is the crappy battery included. I upgraded one of mine to a 120mah battery which last about 2 minutes. Which is more than enough time for me. The 40mah battery lasts 30 seconds. :(

The only reason I'm putting up with this recorder is because it's one of the only ones that actually shows MPH as opposed to just Km/H

Back