Vanishing Rainbow

That got me thinking of the movie Highlander,

It's better to burn than to fade away

My grey goo just aint working right :p

Hey! What product are you using on your screen?

you can use Rain-X or even just regular automotive wax to achieve those results. wax is a little harder to buff out than rainx, but if you're already waxing the car, it's no big deal to do the windows, too. i do the rear glass on my car as well so the rear cam is more likely to get a clear picture.

I've been using Angelwax H2Go which works well, but doesn't seem to last long before needing to reapply, so interested in trying other products. Not thought of regular wax, might try that on SWMBO's car :D

I've been using Angelwax H2Go which works well, but doesn't seem to last long before needing to reapply, so interested in trying other products. Not thought of regular wax, might try that on SWMBO's car :D
in my experience, regular liquid wax lasts longer than rainx. tried paste wax once but it was a LOT of work to polish it out to where it didn't have streaks on the glass. now i have an electric random orbital buffer so it's no big deal to apply or remove (the liquid wax). i save the windows for last when removing the wax after it's dried - seems to come off easier once it's REALLY dry.

Last edited:
Hey! What product are you using on your screen?

Rainx was applied several thousand miles ago, but I also use Rainx windshield cleaner that has it in the fluid. It helps it last and last. I have not loaded some storm video from the night before I took the rainbow one yet. It shows the water streaming off good, too.

Back