Country
United States

Vantrue E1 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

Release time: 2023-04-23 18:31:58
Version: VT-ECD201
File size: 5.25M
Update note:
1. Adding HDR timer;
2. Update the display driver to improve the problem of high-temperature display distortion.

1682309483348.jpeg

Trying to get some clarification on the new "HDR Timer" feature.

The updated user manual only states: "HDR Timer: The default is off, you can choose to turn on it in fixed time."

In understand the general idea of the HDR timer. It will enable HDR video recording at a specified time and turn off HDR recording at a specified time.

If I want to use the "HDR Timer" which video resolution setting must I select of the HDR capable video resolutions?

If I want the E1 to record 2560x1440P 30FPS video, do I select resolution "2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS", do I select "2560x1440P 30FPS" or does it matter as long as I select a video resolution that supports the HDR feature. I've observed the "HDR" screen popup just after powering up the E1 and the HDR feature should be turned on based on the timer and I've observed the "HDR with a slash through it" popup if the HDR feature should be turned off at that time.

The message when you enter the configuration screen for the "HDR Timer" of "HDR timer is only valid at the resolution with HDR function" implies that you must have a video resolution setting selected that supports the HDR function, but again does that mean you must select the resolution setting with "(HDR)" if the video resolution name?

I have one of my E1 units configured for resolution "2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS" and I have the HDR Timer feature enabled. I powered it up and the "HDR with a slash through it" popup was presented because the HDR Timer configuration had this time period setup to not use the HDR feature. The video resolution at the top of the screen still shows "2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS". I can't see any way to know if the HDR feature is on or off when using the HDR Timer feature (on screen or in the video status line).

Trying to get some clarification on the new "HDR Timer" feature.

The updated user manual only states: "HDR Timer: The default is off, you can choose to turn on it in fixed time."

In understand the general idea of the HDR timer. It will enable HDR video recording at a specified time and turn off HDR recording at a specified time.

If I want to use the "HDR Timer" which video resolution setting must I select of the HDR capable video resolutions?

If I want the E1 to record 2560x1440P 30FPS video, do I select resolution "2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS", do I select "2560x1440P 30FPS" or does it matter as long as I select a video resolution that supports the HDR feature. I've observed the "HDR" screen popup just after powering up the E1 and the HDR feature should be turned on based on the timer and I've observed the "HDR with a slash through it" popup if the HDR feature should be turned off at that time.

The message when you enter the configuration screen for the "HDR Timer" of "HDR timer is only valid at the resolution with HDR function" implies that you must have a video resolution setting selected that supports the HDR function, but again does that mean you must select the resolution setting with "(HDR)" if the video resolution name?

I have one of my E1 units configured for resolution "2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS" and I have the HDR Timer feature enabled. I powered it up and the "HDR with a slash through it" popup was presented because the HDR Timer configuration had this time period setup to not use the HDR feature. The video resolution at the top of the screen still shows "2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS". I can't see any way to know if the HDR feature is on or off when using the HDR Timer feature (on screen or in the video status line).
1. If you turn on the HDR timer, then you must set the resolution to 2560x1440P(HDR)30FPS.
2. I'm testing the dashcam with the HDR timer turned on, it just pops up the "HDR with a slash" when powering the dashcam. But the next time I turn on the dashcam, there is no icon anymore. I asked the technician, he said if the HDR is off, the resolution name should be 2560x1440P 30FPS, but now it is still right there.
3. I forward this problem to the technician, will update here if there is any solutions.

Back