Vantrue E1 Video and Screenshots.

Karagandinez

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue
At the beginning of January, the Vantrue company sent me a single-channel model E1, which did not reach me.
The package traveled for a long time to Germany, then spent a long time at customs and returned to China at the end of February.
It was a shame because I really wanted to try this model. The E1 had very good characteristics declared at that time.
I have already tested the N5 and N4 Pro with new sensors and now I have the opportunity to try the E1 myself.
I couldn’t refuse this opportunity and now I have Vantrue E1. :cool:

It makes no sense to post photos of the kit and describe the characteristics. Since the day the model went on sale,
many people have already done this many times before me.
What I would like to note: After the Viofo models that I dealt with, the E1 has an interesting design and a removable mount with a magnet.
It is very convenient for those users who constantly take the DVR home from their car.
I really liked the quality of the video. Having installed the E1 in the car and filmed it with the stock firmware,
I came to the conclusion that the video is almost at the level of the Viofo Mini, which I have.
I think if you raise the bitrate on the E1, it should catch up with the Mini in video quality.

I will compare the E1 with the Mini later. For now, I’ll post screenshots from the day’s videos of E1 and Mini 2, since Mini 2 was already in my car.
E1 has firmware: ECD201
Mini 2 has firmware: V1.0_0801

E1_1.jpg Mini2_1.jpg E1_2.jpg Mini2_2.jpg

E1_3.jpg Mini2_3.jpg E1_4.jpg Mini2_4.jpg

I will compare the E1 with the Mini later. For now, I’ll post screenshots from the day’s videos of E1 and Mini 2, since Mini 2 was already in my car.

View attachment 67519 View attachment 67523 View attachment 67520 View attachment 67524

View attachment 67521 View attachment 67525 View attachment 67522 View attachment 67526
It's a cute little thing and looking forward to your thoughts and samples :)

The E1 screenshots seem sharper than the ones from the Mini 2. Focus not 100% good with the Mini 2?

It's a cute little thing

Screenshot 2023-09-16 8.42.41 PM.png

View attachment 67531
Didn't even see that and came to conclusion it was cute. Hopefully it's at least matured over time but now the A119 Mini 2 is out with Starvis 2, wonder if there will be the applicable successor with Starvis 2 from Vantrue..

Add 60fps option for 2560 x 1440P resolution.
Not everyone needs 60fps, but raising the bitrate to 30 Mb/s wouldn’t hurt. The bitrate of 16.9 Mb/s on the stock firmware is enough in the city during the day, but at speeds above 60 km/h and where there are trees along the road it is sorely lacking.
Custom Text is only one with 9 characters, add TWO with 11 Characters
Why do you need exactly 11 characters? Because that's what you need?
I need 12 characters. And some are 15. ;)
Change the one piece Power Cable to a USB dual port outlet, and separate USB Cable.
This is also a controversial issue and such an adapter is not for everyone. For many, what is included in the kit is enough.
GPS Mount is loose by 0.5mm, and causes rattling noises.
Add optional GPS Suction Mount like other Vantrue cameras.
Fix the rattling buttons, that cause noise.
Add the missing 4th menu button “up button”.
Change Video Codec from H.265 to H.264 or offer BOTH Codecs.
Add 5GHz Wi-Fi.
All this is undoubtedly necessary.

The E1 screenshots seem sharper than the ones from the Mini 2. Focus not 100% good with the Mini 2?

wonder if there will be the applicable successor with Starvis 2 from Vantrue..
Choose:
4CH
3CH
2CH

Choose:
4CH
3CH
2CH
Whoops forgot about S1 Pro I should have known better

Screenshots of E1 and Mini with video on stock firmware.
Mini has firmware: V1.1_0420

E1_3.jpg Mini_3.jpg E1_4.jpg Mini_4.jpg

E1_5.jpg Mini_5.jpg E1_6.jpg Mini_6.jpg

E1_7.jpg Mini_7.jpg

E1's bitrate is sorely lacking. But the user "Falsificator" raised the bitrate in the stock firmware for E1 and shared this firmware with me.
For which I thank him very much.
If everything goes well, then the next comparison of screenshots will be on firmware with the same bitrate.

E1's bitrate is sorely lacking. But the user "Falsificator" raised the bitrate in the stock firmware for E1 and shared this firmware with me.
It seems like the low bitrate stretches across the E-Series. With the E3 I noticed the same thing

The N series also has a low bitrate.
I can only speak for the N4 Pro, but it seems much better than the E3. I don't get any blocking while driving through a forest unlike with the E3.

I can only speak for the N4 Pro, but it seems much better than the E3. I don't get any blocking while driving through a forest unlike with the E3.
Set the N4 Pro to 2560x1440 resolution and drive the same road through the forest. Then you can tell if there is a difference or not.

When using the E1, I noticed one feature: When switching to parking mode, the DVR screen does not even turn on.
Jeff Vantrue
Why does the screen on the new N4 Pro and N5 models remain on for so long when switching to parking mode?

Dashcam makers should start to think along the lines of higher bitrates, but they are probably thinking lower and maybe spiced with more advanced compression codecs

The N5 i am testing a little more bitrate would not hurt.

Then again i have never tested ANY dashcam and not thought i wish it had more bitrate.
I tip my hat to the modders, even if it is rare i get to use a MOD firmware, CUZ by the time i am done with testing a camera, well a new one are on the way often, and i do not think it is fair to use a MOD firmware during testing.

Regarding the fairness of testing with MOD firmware:
The E1 model has been tested since July 2022. And everything that could be tested on official firmware
has already been tested a long time ago and you can read the reports here:
No one writes anything about this model anymore and no one even remembers it.
Well, since I have long wanted to test this model and it just now fell into my hands,
I can decide for myself what firmware I should use it with and in what conditions.
Those who are interested in my work will read my topic, those who are not interested will go to another one.
People read only what interests them, and not everything that is written on the forum. :cool:

Back