Vantrue E1 Video and Screenshots.

Regarding testing and talk about increasing the bitrate in firmware:
There are models where the bitrate on the stock firmware is normal and no one remembers increasing it.
But why should you remain silent if the bitrate is not enough?
You can drive a four-chamber model in ideal conditions around the village and show the user a video where everything is fine with this model.
And you can drive with the same model along the road through the forest and show a video where the picture is crumbling due to lack of bitrate.
Why should this be kept silent? So that the manufacturer is satisfied with the test results? :unsure:
But the manufacturer himself asks when testing models to write down all comments so that they can be corrected.

Regarding the fairness of testing with MOD firmware:
The E1 model has been tested since July 2022. And everything that could be tested on official firmware
has already been tested a long time ago and you can read the reports here:
No one writes anything about this model anymore and no one even remembers it.
Well, since I have long wanted to test this model and it just now fell into my hands,
I can decide for myself what firmware I should use it with and in what conditions.
Those who are interested in my work will read my topic, those who are not interested will go to another one.
People read only what interests them, and not everything that is written on the forum. :cool:
That's exactly it, I haven't come across this model myself personally. But you're passionate about the technology behind this model (even if it is an older release) and love sharing about it, then that's all ok that matters :)

Looking forward to your perspective on the E1 and hoping I can get my hands on one soon cos it looks so damn cute!

Regarding testing and talk about increasing the bitrate in firmware:
There are models where the bitrate on the stock firmware is normal and no one remembers increasing it.
But why should you remain silent if the bitrate is not enough?
You can drive a four-chamber model in ideal conditions around the village and show the user a video where everything is fine with this model.
And you can drive with the same model along the road through the forest and show a video where the picture is crumbling due to lack of bitrate.
Why should this be kept silent? So that the manufacturer is satisfied with the test results? :unsure:
But the manufacturer himself asks when testing models to write down all comments so that they can be corrected.
This is true, I guess maybe they think about reliability under hard working conditions for the dash cam, hence lower bitrate. And cooling for the components. Sure the dashcam can handle it, but we don't want the hardware to fail prematurely - more warranty and service concerns.

I'm no engineer, just my two cents worth..

That's exactly it, I haven't come across this model myself personally. But you're passionate about the technology behind this model (even if it is an older release) and love sharing about it, then that's all ok that matters :)

Looking forward to your perspective on the E1 and hoping I can get my hands on one soon cos it looks so damn cute!
This is true, I guess maybe they think about reliability under hard working conditions for the dash cam, hence lower bitrate. And cooling for the components. Sure the dashcam can handle it, but we don't want the hardware to fail prematurely - more warranty and service concerns.

I'm no engineer, just my two cents worth..
Based on the test results of my friends, I can already say that this is a reliable model. Since July 2022,
even working on firmware with increased bitrate in hot weather, no problems have been identified.
If the license plates of oncoming cars are not important and you don’t pay attention to the blurry picture when driving through the forest,
then you can get by with the stock firmware. If you want improved video quality, then it is advisable to use MOD firmware with increased
bitrate from the user "Falsificator".
This MOD firmware for the E1 model will not do any harm, but will only improve the video quality.

This topic contains examples of videos shot using MOD firmware.

Screenshots of E1 and Mini. Night. City.
Firmware for E1: ECD201_MOD
2560х1440
EV=0,0
Mini firmware: V1.1_0420
2560х1080
EV=0,0

E1_1.jpg Mini_1.jpg E1_2.jpg Mini_2.jpg

E1_3.jpg Mini_3.jpg

I traveled with Viofo A119 Mini and Vantrue E1 in the same car. The Mini had the latest official firmware installed: V1.1_20230420.
The E1 had MOD firmware installed from the user Falsificator.
What can I say.... The difference in video quality is almost not noticeable and these models can be put on the same level.
And users now have a choice between two models with the same video quality, but different in shape, mounting and settings on the glass.
Someone will hang a DVR on the glass, set it up once and forget about it. A Mini would be more suitable for him.
Someone needs to remove the video recorder and take it out of the car every day, because there is a chance when they come to the car in the morning to see it with a broken glass and without a video recorder. E1 is more suitable here.

Last edited:
I’ll write a little about sets of wires from Vantrue for connecting DVRs. I tested 3 different kits.
For those who have not yet decided which set of wires to buy, I would recommend these two to choose from:

The first has 3 voltage settings, as well as a display on which the voltage from the battery is displayed.
The second has 4 voltage settings and 5 time settings for the parking mode.
Personally, I liked him better.
When switching off when the battery voltage drops, all three sets of wires worked correctly during testing.

Back