Vantrue N4 Pro 4K 3 Channel Dash cam (Sony STARVIS2 )

Bitrate and size of minute clips for H4 Pro cameras:
A = Front = 3840x2160/30fps
H = Salon = 1920x1080/30fps
C = Rear = 1920x1080/30fps
A = 32.4 Mb/s = 232 MB
B = 10.3 Mb/s = 74.0 MB
C = 10.3 Mb/s = 74.0 MB
What firmware are you on there mate and did you change anything from the defaults?

I just set one up today as well and see the following file sizes which are slightly higher than yours (they're also 30fps) - I haven't changed any options yet other than setting region and date format etc. Think I did set the frequency to 50Hz but I'd have expected to see 25fps so will check it again tomorrow.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 20.24.10.png

That's with the latest firmwares I can see:

Screenshot 2023-07-06 at 20.27.31.png

My car has been in the garage for over 3 weeks now so hoping I will get it back in the next 7 days (or I'll be sticking it on a trailer and having a go at fixing it myself!)

The camera needs a good power supply for 3CH mode otherwise it will just shut down - as I'm testing in the house I was seeing the camera shut down on power bricks and power banks (labelled as up to 2.4A) until I dug out a Raspberry Pi 4 3A USB-C power brick and then it sat recording for 5 hours straight. I sold my FLIR camera earlier this year so just have a dual IR probe for measurements which I'll dig out for another long haul test.

Cool, in that case the IQ improvements they refer to in firmware updates may also be a slight increase in bitrate.

The app was saying my camera was up to date out of the box but the newer front firmware was available on the website.

The 5GHz WiFi seems to have a decent range too and I was connecting no problem from about 10m away with walls in between.

WiFi seemed to stay on as well although when connecting it did seem to just show a live view and I think it might have stopped recording at that point.

I put the new FW on and it's powered by the 12v ciggie socket, no issues so far. Front bit rate 31,947kbps, cab 9,830kbps, rear same.

My MacBook Pro always used to have issues with 4K files from the A129 Pro and would only play at around 2fps when using builtin Apple tools.

Glad to say no such problem on this camera although from previous Viofo posts they did fix that this year so not sure if that was a Novatek SDK update or issue at their end that sorted that out.

I got pinnalcle 26 ultimate in may, it absolutely will not work on my PC, and since i installed it neither will power director 17, i have since tried to delete both and run them 1 at the time, but power director just crash when it open, Pinnacle 26 start fine but it make a 30 seconds or so freeze-frame in every movie i try to make with it.
Resolve however it work just fine actually i am rendering a video from the N5 right now in the background as i type.

I will probably have to get a newer GFX card, my 2700XT died so i am on a backup 1060 with just 3 GB of RAM on it

I received my test unit yesterday - but haven't had a chance to get some photos or videos; not yet installed in any of my vehicles... Might have to take a little more time due to work schedule recently :/

I received my test unit yesterday - but haven't had a chance to get some photos or videos; not yet installed in any of my vehicles... Might have to take a little more time due to work schedule recently :/
I have not yet installed my copy in the car either. While the tests are on the table.

This was my first run - note how the colour changes:

I have the impression that the video does not run smoothly. Sometimes I feel like micro stutters are added.
Apart from the fact that the white balance works strangely, if it is not due to post-processing.

Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see how the license plates are recognized in detail.
In this video, compared to the Viofo =>

the Vantrue does not perform so well. The software version was given as V1.1_0615.
Perhaps a new software version do a better job.

This was my first run - note how the colour changes:

I have the impression that the video does not run smoothly. Sometimes I feel like micro stutters are added.
Apart from the fact that the white balance works strangely, if it is not due to post-processing.

Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see how the license plates are recognized in detail.
In this video, compared to the Viofo =>

the Vantrue does not perform so well. The software version was given as V1.1_0615.
Perhaps a new software version do a better job.
Vantrue does not have such designations in the firmware.

Has the Youtuber made a mistake or a different version is displayed in the menu?
I have translated Wersja oprogramawania as software version.

1688742408143.png

official bin file (inside) there is a Hush-Version:
HUSH_VERSION +c:xinsl .hush_]ty+Π=1.24.1 [%d]

Noticed this as well: there is a sound which shouldn't be heard...

Noticed this as well: there is a sound which shouldn't be heard...
Vibrations, and rattles from hanging mounts drive me crazy. lol
I'm really looking forward to the Vantrue S1 Pro coming in September, (see attached photo).

Attachments

• Vantrue S1 Pro .png
    Vantrue S1 Pro .png
    115.1 KB · Views: 10
The Novatek new chipset can handle noise a little better, the A139 Pro chipset is not the latest, but it seems it can do a good job of capturing license numbers.
But the A139 Pro chipset is the only powerful chipset of Novatek that can support 4K + digital FHD, still the most expensive one compared to the latest chipset.
We will try to optimize the video for very low light conditions. BTW, we do have a coming new 4K version.

As we explained before, the clear HDR is worse for night video.
Respect for the LVDS digital FHD rear camera cause it's the most expensive solution.

Back