Vantrue N4 Pro-4K

Rhody401

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bottom Line: SOLID QUALITY PRODUCT WITH GREAT PICTURE

After using many other brands in the past, it was time to try the Vantrue N4 Pro 4k for a recently purchased 2024 Honda CR-V ST hybrid vehicle. I have heard very good things about the Vantrue brand, and the people were right. This system is like the "Lexus" of dash cams. I have the main kit/unit, the hard wire kit, the CPL lense filter, and the Vantrue branded memory card.

I installed this camera in August 2023, and have been using it for about 10 weeks. I wanted to use it for a while before posting a review.

The first thing I noticed is how well each item was packaged. The unit has some weight to it, and seems to be of high quality construction. The instructions are excellent, and it took no time to install the hardwire kit, and to run the cable for the rear camera. I tapped in to fuses #7 (Trailer) and #45 (Accessory), with the provided fuse tap kits. The hard wire kit included 4 different types of tap kits and related fuses, just in case. I mounted the camera to the right of the center mirror, as you can see in the pictures.

The app was easy to install and use, and I did a firmware update and was able to review footage from my phone. The memory card is hidden under a cover, on the side of the unit. The unit performed well in the heat of August. The buttons and menus on the unit itself are also very easy to navigate, and well laid out.

Some highlighted features:
Has the Sony IMX678 chipset, supporting Sony Starvis 2.0 tech
4k HDR front, 1080p rear and inside cams
Integrated GPS
Night vision
Voice control w/12 commands
Buffered Parking Mode pre records activity
5Ghz Wifi connectivity and app
OTA firmware updates
Supports up to 512GB memory card
Dual capacitors
G sensor
Magnetic mounting bracket for easy disconnect
18mo warranty

It also came with warning stickers, 11.5ft USB C charger cable, 3m tape, dust-free prep cloth, trim pry bar, 3.3ft USB data cable, 20 ft rear camera cable.

We are completely satisfied with this product, and will probably purchase a second identical setup for our other vehicle. I have peace of mind knowing that we are protected while driving, and also while the vehicle is parked. The picture quality is excellent, unit is solid, and the software is stable. The previous reviews I read about this camera were indeed correct!

1698190599957.jpeg

1698190666247.jpeg

1698190698255.jpeg
1698190892079.png

1698191897600.jpeg

1698190762342.jpeg

The neighbor also uses it. Says installation was easy and the smartphone app is very easy to use. It's worth thinking about changing mine. Although the price is n't cheap.

Any issues with the rear camera being out of focus?

Any issues with the rear camera being out of focus?
Of course there are

Everyone that has gotten one on here has had the issue haha and it's proven to be hardware and not fixable in software

I honestly didnt notice an issue with the rear camera, but I'll check further.

Maybe the angle against the glass makes a difference?

Last edited:
I honestly didnt notice an issue with the rear camera, but I'll check further.

Maybe the angle against the glass make a difference?
Na been a few reviews and someone on here has dismantled the rear camera and found potential causes of the rear focus issues

Have found it in my video reviews that I've posted and backed up by a couple of other people .also happening on the S1 Pro which by all accounts is using the same RC04 module

Of course there are

Everyone that has gotten one on here has had the issue haha and it's proven to be hardware and not fixable in software

Was hoping later units/non-review units like mine or others on this forum would have been fixed by now, but that was wishful thinking...

Was hoping later units/non-review units like mine or others on this forum would have been fixed by now, but that was wishful thinking...
At the moment it doesn't bode well.

There has been a notable lack of communication from Jeff of Vantrue since August. I was assured via email that he's ok and that the company is still going ok.

However, even though he logs on every day he does not post comments nor respond to private messages. It seems also that the pre-production units of the S1 Pro have had major issues (also rear focus issues), and the promised launch of this model hasn't happened yet.

Firmware updates are being rolled out for various Vantrue models as evidenced on their website , but there are bugs in these firmwares that makes me concerned for what is happening over at Vantrue.

Radio silence is not a good thing ...

Back