Vantrue S1 Pro

jstephens1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vantrue S1 Pro

I was intrigued to see the S1 Pro using the Starvis 2. Packaging looks great. install was simple, plenty of others have posted pictures of the box and installation. for my review i wanted to show a heads up video between the BV 970x and S1 Pro. i was a little disappointed to see it is not a 4k cam. the colors look sharper overall compared to the 970x

set up was pretty simple. S1 did not come with a SD card, I had a spare 128g card which I reformatted the card to exfat and the S1 recognized it.

the S1pro is the left frame and 970k is the right. I tried to get the video synced as close together as I could

IMG_3283.jpeg

Last edited:
S1 did not come with a SD card, the box was previously opened so maybe it was a mistake
This is normal. They don't include SD cards unless you bought a bundle that includes one.

Nice comparison.
In the future when comparison test footage from different cameras make sure both cameras have identical 50/50 road & sky lens alignment.
If you fail to properly align the lenses it will affect each cameras light metering, and it will not be an “apples to apples” comparison of image quality.
Currently you have the S1 Pro 30% road & 70% sky.
Currently you have the 970X 45% road & 55% sky.

Here is an example of how lens alignment affects light metering;

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-08 7.24.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-08 7.24.59 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Alignment Lines .jpg
    Alignment Lines .jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 2
  • A229 Pro .png
    A229 Pro .png
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • A139 Pro .png
    A139 Pro .png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Nice comparison.
In the future when comparison test footage from different cameras make sure both cameras have identical 50/50 road & sky lens alignment.
If you fail to properly align the lenses it will affect each cameras light metering, and it will not be an “apples to apples” comparison of image quality.
Currently you have the S1 Pro 30% road & 70% sky.
Currently you have the 970X 45% road & 55% sky.

Here is an example of how lens alignment affects light metering;

Thank you. This was my first time doing this

Back