Vantrue N5 Parking Mode doesn't work

Petero89

Reaction score
Country
Romania
So I have a N5 with VP01 hardware kit and for a week I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my dashcam bcs it doesn't want to record in any parking mode. Hardware kit is installed properly, when engine is on the dashcam works properly, when I turn off the engine the dashcam is letting me know is going in parking mode, the green light is blinking for activity or steady for stand by but it doesn't write the parking videos on the sd card. So what's wrong with it.

I've tried so far factory reset for the dashcam, 3 times sd card format, timelapse doesn't work nor any other parking modes available for this model so what's goin on? I really like the dashcam and I don't wanna give up yet

So I have a N5 with VP01 hardware kit and for a week I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my dashcam bcs it doesn't want to record in any parking mode. Hardware kit is installed properly, when engine is on the dashcam works properly, when I turn off the engine the dashcam is letting me know is going in parking mode, the green light is blinking for activity or steady for stand by but it doesn't write the parking videos on the sd card. So what's wrong with it.

I've tried so far factory reset for the dashcam, 3 times sd card format, timelapse doesn't work nor any other parking modes available for this model so what's goin on? I really like the dashcam and I don't wanna give up yet

does your hwk have dip switchs on it?
Check what voltage level you have them set at.
fac2e4_6845958a74a149d4b1b0651a1c69e308~mv2.png

Just for testing set them to
11 111 eg all on.

This will allow the unit to work below 12v (11.6V) for 1 hour.
If this works then check what your car battery voltage floats at.

does your hwk have dip switchs on it?
Check what voltage level you have them set at.
fac2e4_6845958a74a149d4b1b0651a1c69e308~mv2.png

Just for testing set them to
11 111 eg all on.

This will allow the unit to work below 12v (11.6V) for 1 hour.
If this works then check what your car battery voltage floats at.
Thanks for the suggestion, however the hwk is set to 11,9V and Always but as I mentioned, the green light is blinking when is movement and steady where is no movement, so recording works but it doesn't save parking videos just driving videos. This is not my 1st dashcam with a hardwire so I've used the same connections for the hwk and after 12hrs I have 12,2v but it doesn't matter as long as the green light is there

That sound very strange, unfortunately i am pretty Busy today and the next few days so i can not try and replicate your problem with my N5 camera.

As i recall i have tested parking guard last year, and back then it worked just fine for me.

That sound very strange, unfortunately i am pretty Busy today and the next few days so i can not try and replicate your problem with my N5 camera.

As i recall i have tested parking guard last year, and back then it worked just fine for me.
Looks like there's an issue with the Vantrue App on iOS. As Vantrue suggested, I can see all parking videos on pc. I can't see them in the app this might be a bug

Aaaa okay.
I would not know that, i am on android and only CUZ i am forced to, if i was in charge i would not carry any phone.
Also on APP i just do settings i have viewed footage on PC for all the time i have been into dashcams.

So like APP though, CUZ my eyes are too old and tired to do dashcam settings on little camera screen, well at least when i usually forget my reading glasses.

Glad it was something simple and you are not missing stuff after all.

Aaaa okay.
I would not know that, i am on android and only CUZ i am forced to, if i was in charge i would not carry any phone.
Also on APP i just do settings i have viewed footage on PC for all the time i have been into dashcams.

So like APP though, CUZ my eyes are too old and tired to do dashcam settings on little camera screen, well at least when i usually forget my reading glasses.

Glad it was something simple and you are not missing stuff after all.
This is my 1st Vantrue Dashcam, till now I had only 70mai. To be honest, I like more 70mai for a few reasons, has ADAS and Cloud, live stream from anywhere, better understanding use of the product, however, about 3 weeks, someone slammed his door in my back door, and the 70mai Omni even if it was 360, filmed only after the car was hit, I mean very fast but didn't catch everything so I said, ok, I'll upgrade with A810 4k which has 2 cameras. Unfortunately, doesn't have any model with 3 nor 4 channels, just 2 and besides that, no IR which helps at night, also no 5G wifi, I'm getting old till I download a video and the best option for me is Vantrue which has 5G but for the moment no 4g box, but has the 10sec buffer

Solved: iOS VantrueConnected App works fine, is showing all videos. Vantrue App doesn't

I think cloud is a new thing with 70mai ?
I also have the omni and A800S in my car.

My preferred parking guard mode is always record low bitrate, so no buffer needed.
But it is probably not a ideal mode for long term parking guard use, i only use it for 3 hours on a timer where that is possible, or with the MAX cut off value.
My little Suzuki car have a small battery, even if i have put in a new one slightly larger.

At home i have CCTV on my parked car, IP camera on my 2 floor balcony door, see everything in pitch black back yard, where parking guard would be useless.

Solved: iOS VantrueConnected App works fine, is showing all videos. Vantrue App doesn't

I didn't see any mention you where using an app.

So was it the app that wasn't showing you it had recorded in parking mode?

Your initial problem made it sound like it was a hardware problem.

Good it's sorted.

Back