Vantrue N5 Next Gen Dashcam - My findings

Padwanjoe

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Dash Cam
Shadow GT680W; Mobius B Lens, JooVuu X, A119
Hello dear Dashcam community!
It's been a while since I've posted my opinions on a Dashcam. Therefore, I was very surprised and honoured when I was proposed to give my opinions on the new Vantrue N5! Thank you very much, @Jeff_Vantrue !
Since there are many unboxing videos on the internet, I will only put some pictures with I received, one with the N5 cameras and a ruler in centimetres and one with the N5 sitting next to Viofo A119 and Joovuu X (just for size comparison).
The N5 box is very nice and protected the cameras very well. I was impressed by quality of the plastics used to build the cameras. The instructions manual is very useful and clear to understand.
The only thing that didn't worked is the Android App. If you scan the QR code from the instructions manual page it will open the Google Play page with the "Vantrue" app which I wasn't allowed to install since there was a message "This app is not available to your country" (I live in Romania). After that I found and downloaded the "Vantrue Cam" app in Google Play but the N5 is not on the list with the supported Vantrue dashcams.
So, for now I am stucked. Can you please let me know from where I can download the needed Android Vantrue App? Thanks a lot!
Good to be back here!

Attachments

• 20230823_112119.jpg
    20230823_112119.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230823_111221.jpg
    20230823_111221.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230823_105316.jpg
    20230823_105316.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230823_105208.jpg
    20230823_105208.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 12
I hope you get the APP soon PWJoe, i actually like the Vantrue APP over other brands i have tried.

Maybe you can fake your country if you have a VPN on the phone.

I have sort of the same problem here with another not dashcam related APP, i can not DL the lotto app for the national lottery here ( run by the government ) i assume this is down to me having said NO to just about everything on the phone.
Other than that though i am not a APP user in any way, other APPs i have been "forced" to DL, often for dashcams are absolutely no problem

Hi and thanks for the VPN hint.
Actually, I never tried to "fake" my country of origin so I have to see what this implies (pro and cons)
Maybe the Vantrue software team will fix it.

Actually, I never tried to "fake" my country of origin so I have to see what this implies (pro and cons)
The main con will be that your testing is 'fake'! And it will be hard to redo the test correctly, unless you have more devices to attempt an app install on not using a VPN.

Clearly it should work without you having to fake your location.

Yeah it could be a phone setting like i think i have with the Lotto APP, CUZ by me it was the same, even before i recently did a factory reset on the phone.
It could maybe also be something local, on top of EU Circus restrictions. You never know.

Hi! New info about the app.
When I went to Google play and searched for Vantrue, only "Vantrue Cam" was find. I did this on two phones, mine with android 10 and my son's with android 13, with the same result.
When I scanned the QR code of the app from the printed instructions manual, both phones found the "Vantrue" app with the same message that it is not available for my country.
This is weird since other apps (like Viofo) were downloadable from Google play without any problems.
Seems to me that, for now, the only way to install the app is to use the APK indicated by @reverend : thanks!
I really hope the Vantrue will check this issue and remove the restriction to enable "Vantrue" app in Romania.

Hi! New info about the app.
When I went to Google play and searched for Vantrue, only "Vantrue Cam" was find. I did this on two phones, mine with android 10 and my son's with android 13, with the same result.
When I scanned the QR code of the app from the printed instructions manual, both phones found the "Vantrue" app with the same message that it is not available for my country.
This is weird since other apps (like Viofo) were downloadable from Google play without any problems.
Seems to me that, for now, the only way to install the app is to use the APK indicated by @reverend : thanks!
I really hope the Vantrue will check this issue and remove the restriction to enable "Vantrue" app in Romania.
The application can be downloaded here:
No matter what country you are in.

Hi and thanks for the info.
Unfortunately, if I click to download the Android app it takes me to Google play where you can see in the attached screenshot a text in red under the Vantrue orange icon. The translation in English from Romanian of the text is: "This item it's not available in your country"

Screenshot_20230824-204431_Google Play Store.jpg

Hi and thanks for the info.
Unfortunately, if I click to download the Android app it takes me to Google play where you can see in the attached screenshot a text in red under the Vantrue orange icon. The translation in English from Romanian of the text is: "This item it's not available in your country"

View attachment 67068
Click on the other android app download at the bottom and the app will start downloading.
2023-08-24_20-01-29.png

Hi, I was busy on the last 7 days but I managed to download the APK version 1.0.25 and it worked fine with the N5. I will uninstall it and download and install the new apk 1.0.32 today.
Before putting the N5 in the car, I let it run on a table for about 5 hours. It got hotter than I expected (no thermometer, only by touching it) but the video files were correctly recorded when checked th microsd card on my pc.
Since my car has a big sensors box behind the interior rearview mirror, I cannot put the N5 in the best place possible. Up until now, I couldn't manage to find the next best place for it to be attached on the windscreen. It seems that I have to attached it right under the sensors box but I'll have to check not to be to low.
I'll be back with information as soon as possible!
Keep well and drive safe!

Yeah the N5 do get hot, but it handled summer up here just fine, mind you this was a cold and weird summer up here with half of it in the spring month of May.
You guys had it hotter as far as i remember

Yes, this year it was the hottest in the last 5 years, that I can remember. And stormier too.
The world climate is really messed up and it's just the beginning of our end! The worst is yet to come!

Back