Vantrue Nexus 5 FIRMWARE

Are you using the last firmware (N5_VT-ECK141)? Are your voice controls still working with the latest firmware?
I installed the new firmware, but did not test the voice control. I do not use it.
But at the moment there is no way to check whether it works or not on my copy.

I installed the new firmware, but did not test the voice control. I do not use it.
But at the moment there is no way to check whether it works or not on my copy.
That's okay. But if by any chance you get to check it, please let me know. I really want to know if there's some truth to what Vantrue's support just told me or they're just BS'ing me. Thanks!

Hi all. Vantrue replaced my N5 and the new one is working now using the previous firmware. However, I have a question.

I have a friend who wants to trade his unused Viofo A229 Pro 3Ch with my N5. While I do know that the menu/app settings of the two are quite similar, I'm quite torn. I know the A229 Pro has starvis 2 on both front and rear, resolution is 4k for the front and 2k on the rear. But the N5 has 4 cameras, therefore more coverage area. Can I have your opinions?

A229 Pro it's a better cam, unquestionably. There are some early questionable behaviorurs from our australian colleagues regarding heat problem, though. So, my opinion for you it is to wait and see if you have the same problem. If you have problem, you have to start a ticket for warranty to @viofo .
But otherwise, I wouldn't make that change.

A229 Pro it's a better cam, unquestionably. There are some early questionable behaviorurs from our australian colleagues regarding heat problem, though. So, my opinion for you it is to wait and see if you have the same problem. If you have problem, you have to start a ticket for warranty to @viofo .
But otherwise, I wouldn't make that change.
Thank you.

The N5 just have 2 interior cameras, that granted also see a little out of the side windows, but the little they see there is not something i would put money on.
For side view i would need cameras mounted on the side or filming out the side of the car.

Please note i drive a small car, almost micro.

Vantrue applications have been updated.

Android
Version: V 1.0.43
Updated on January 17, 2024

IOS
Version: V1.0.29
Updated on January 19, 2024

Vantrue N5 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2024-04-03 17:43:54
  • Version: N5_VT-EDC271

Update Log

N5_VT-EDC271 (New)

1. 1. Resolve the issue of "exposure value setting for rear camera not taking effect upon restart".
    2. Address the problem of "data backup error causing loss of voice activation after upgrade".
    3. Introduce the new feature of Parking Surveillance Area, allowing users to select monitored cameras according to their needs in parking mode. The main functionality update allows users to deactivate certain cameras in parking surveillance mode to save power.
    4. Add Parking Surveillance Settings feature, consolidating all parking surveillance settings.
    5. Default date updated to: January 1, 2024.
    6.Increase file serial number from current 4 digits to 5 digits, supporting 1TB large capacity SD cards.
    7. Implement Collision Recording Prompt feature; any collision recording files will be prompted before entering normal recording mode. To avoid false prompts, collision files occurring within 3 minutes before entering normal recording mode, such as due to car vibrations or opening/closing doors, will be blocked.
    8. Optimize Parking Surveillance Area functionality.
    9. Add "French Voice Command"; please pay attention to update listing content.

Nice job, @Jeff_Vantrue !!
I had talked to Jeff only one month ago for the possibility to disable certain cameras in parking mode because of N5 large amount of power consumption.

Nice job, @Jeff_Vantrue !!
I had talked to Jeff only one month ago for the possibility to disable certain cameras in parking mode because of N5 large amount of power consumption.
That's certainly good, however, too bad another request sent by some of us have not been heard :
ability to set a timeout time after which the hungry "movement detection" would fall back to "shock detection"

As well easing switching from one mode to another parking mode.

both suggested 6 months ago.

Anyway, I'll try the new FW as soon as possible :)

Vantrue is not able to implement all the wishes in the firmware.
Too many of them have been announced.
And many are simply impossible.

Vantrue is not able to implement all the wishes in the firmware.
Too many of them have been announced.
And many are simply impossible.
Yes, for sure.

However: Vantrue key Marketing argument for the nexus 5 pro is the "10s backward recording 24h/24h" in parking monitoring mode. What a disappointment to experiment that this key feature is not suitable as drawing too much current .

Customers could just rage about it. No, several provided some clues for workaround. None has been heard, not even a response.

Let me phrase it in another way : I don't care how Vantrue address this issue, I just expected them to address it (or stop marketing an useless feature). And 6 months later, I'm very disappointed by Vantrue attitude.

Hope this make sense,
Leon

Yes, for sure.

However: Vantrue key Marketing argument for the nexus 5 pro is the "10s backward recording 24h/24h" in parking monitoring mode. What a disappointment to experiment that this key feature is not suitable as drawing too much current .

Customers could just rage about it. No, several provided some clues for workaround. None has been heard, not even a response.

Let me phrase it in another way : I don't care how Vantrue address this issue, I just expected them to address it (or stop marketing an useless feature). And 6 months later, I'm very disappointed by Vantrue attitude.

Hope this make sense,
Leon
We're sorry for your feeling of disappointment. I will report your request to the tech department soon.

Hi all, just registered to see if anyone's had the same issue I have. Just gone to do an OTA firmware update, it applied, said it was restarting but never switched back on again?... have tried the rest button with no joy, also tried another cable just incase?... any ideas?... have contacted Vantrue support but waiting for them to get back to me.

Back