Vantrue Nexus 5 FIRMWARE

N5 rear camera firmware (not on website yet):

1685375166859.png

Vantrue app notifies you of the OTA firmware update for the rear camera.

Is it possible to get the firmware file?
I checked on the Android 10 file system in the "/storage/0/Android/data/com.sanjiang.vantrue/files/Download/OTA/N5_VANTRUE_5db8/R" directory on any other directory in that app's base directory area and I did not find the file. It must be purged from the file system after sending it OTA to the N5.

Maybe Vantrue will later post all the firmware on the official website ... :unsure:

I checked on the Android 10 file system in the "/storage/0/Android/data/com.sanjiang.vantrue/files/Download/OTA/N5_VANTRUE_5db8/R" directory on any other directory in that app's base directory area and I did not find the file. It must be purged from the file system after sending it OTA to the N5.
Perhaps it is downloaded to the sdcard before it starts the update.
If the firmware is interrupted ie remove the card the update may still be on the card allowing it to be copied and stored.

This would also be a good test to see if the Dashcam can be bricked.

Cheers

Last edited:
Version: V 1.0.15

I had Vantrue Player: V2.06 installed and it shows the route when playing a video file.
I installed VANTRUE DASHCAM PLAYER: V3.6.6 and it does not show the route when playing the same video file.
The video from the post above.
VANTRUE DASHCAM PLAYER: V3.6.6 may not be compatible with E series N4P N5 S1P video file for the time being. When playing back the video file, the route track may not be displayed. You can download the matching player for different dashcam files playback.

Today, a new firmware has appeared on the Vantrue website

Vantrue N5 Dash Cam Firmware Update​

• Release time: 2023-06-26 17:09:14
  • Version: N5_VT-ECF211
Сhange log:
1. Fixed a bug in updating
2. Fixed a bug in exiting the parking mode by pressing the button.

Last edited:
There is already a change log, added to message #16
Okay. It wasn’t available when I checked before I made my post. It’s there now.

Back