Vantrue S2 Giveaway!

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there any practical use for the voice recording function of a dash cam? Do you have any experience of using this function? Helps to be your extra eyes of the important events? Or record the good memories of the driving journey?
Leave us what you thought and get a chance to win Vantrue S2. We'll choose 2 lucky dashcamman to get the free Vantrue S2 3 Channel Wi-Fi Dash Cam.

S2 3.jpg

one of the uses that immediately jumps to mind is interaction with the police during a traffic stop. While police bodycams (should) record these interactions, in practicality it is near impossible to obtain footage, if need be.

Dash cams are legal to use and own in the United States. Having a dash cam in the US does not impede on or break any laws. In most countries using dash cams are encouraged to deter any illegal activity. However, please be mindful that laws may differ from place to place and certain restrictions and limitations may apply based on your local jurisdiction.

Dash cams are legal to use and own in the United States. Having a dash cam in the US does not impede on or break any laws. In most countries using dash cams are encouraged to deter any illegal activity. However, please be mindful that laws may differ from place to place and certain restrictions and limitations may apply based on your local jurisdiction.
very true. Since I am in US, I can only speak to this jurisdiction, specifically in New Jersey, which is a "one party consent" state, which means I do not need a consent from the other party to record phone (or other computerized) conversations.

Best use of dash cam is mainly to have evidence just in case anything happens.

I would always leave it on. It has no disadvantages.
If something happens you can spell the plate of the other car to make sure you really got it.
And yeah, conversations with cops are always good to record. They do it with their bodycams, so why shouldn't I?

Recording in cabin conversations was a surprise benefit for me recently.
I took my uncle to the Grand Prix race track at Phillip Island. While we drove around the track the inward facing dash cam picked up our conversation and his face expressions which made my day. My 80 year old uncle has stage 4 cancer so doesn't do as much as he once did. He really enjoyed it.

Voice recording in a dashcam is really crucial for me whether in an event or during the journey.
Even though sometimes not visible clearly during an event, the sound determines the time of contact with another vehicle/object.
During the journey, it would help me record precious talk/time with my GF. It helps me to edit together a short video of our trips.

Another useful feature of having a recording is that you can read out other vehicle's license plate in case of an event and if the dashcam didn't capture the license plate.

Reactions: gse
Another useful feature of having a recording is that you can read out other vehicle's license plate in case of an event and if the dashcam didn't capture the license plate.
Yep. For HD recording, that's related to the sensor and the WDR implemented techs. Also it will be useful if equipped with a CPL Filter to reduce the glare for capture more details. Vantrue dash cam always devote to research and develop the top-notched dash cam.

Voice recording in a dashcam is really crucial for me whether in an event or during the journey.
Even though sometimes not visible clearly during an event, the sound determines the time of contact with another vehicle/object.
During the journey, it would help me record precious talk/time with my GF. It helps me to edit together a short video of our trips.
Definitely! Audio recording of a dash cam really helps a lot when you need the it to be your extra eyes of the important events or record the good memories of the driving journey. We team member do think that it's worthy to resarch more audio recording functions.

Recording in cabin conversations was a surprise benefit for me recently.
I took my uncle to the Grand Prix race track at Phillip Island. While we drove around the track the inward facing dash cam picked up our conversation and his face expressions which made my day. My 80 year old uncle has stage 4 cancer so doesn't do as much as he once did. He really enjoyed it.
There's so many important and precious moments of our lives. Hope we can record more available. And many thanks to your sharing~
Wish all the best~

I would always leave it on. It has no disadvantages.
If something happens you can spell the plate of the other car to make sure you really got it.
And yeah, conversations with cops are always good to record. They do it with their bodycams, so why shouldn't I?
Exactly~ That's why we call dash cam the extra eyes and the extra ears when something happens. And that's exactly what we wanna offer our customers the multi-functional dash cam!

My dashcam doesn't have it but if it did I'd probably just use it like the cry detector on my eufy Security Camera I use as a baby monitor. I'd like more triggers (screaming, crying, loud swearing, most loud sounds) and when it did, save the previous and next 5 minutes.

Is there any practical use for the voice recording function of a dash cam? Do you have any experience of using this function? Helps to be your extra eyes of the important events? Or record the good memories of the driving journey?
Leave us what you thought and get a chance to win Vantrue S2. We'll choose 2 lucky dashcamman to get the free Vantrue S2 3 Channel Wi-Fi Dash Cam.

View attachment 62328
Love the look of the new dash cam. My old one finally gave out after about 10 years of daily use

I agree, It would be a useful feature of having a recording is that you can read out other vehicle's license plate in case of an event

I live in a big city & the traffic, over the years, has gone way over the top. You can barely move around & when you think you have a break, something happens & it happens badly. The roads are totally congested & the highway that crosses the city is constantly at a stand-still. Rush hour is 24 hours a day. So the voice recording on a dash cam is a brilliant idea & one that can certainly be helpful at any given moment. Your voice reaction can quickly pick-up details that your mind may not dwell on & that alone can be the biggest help. Your voice can give out plate numbers with a simple glance that can go a long way in helping out investigations. Yes, a dash cam is very helpful, but a dash cam with voice recording can also be a God-send.

View attachment 62328
I use it to explain the clips I saved to myself for later editing, capturing other people yelling or using the horn, and sometimes to relive something funny that was said whilst driving

Back