Vendor Review Site

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
I originally posted this in the "Owner Feedback on Vendors" forum but in hindsight thought it may get more exposure here. If this isn't appropriate the 'powers that be' can delete one or the other and my feelings won't be hurt.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As most everyone knows there are vendor reviews on Amazon, Ebay, etc. but they don't help for vendors that don't use those outlets. I've been using a site ResellerRatings.com for years now - both to check out vendors before I use them as well as providing feedback. You have to set up an account to post reviews but in the time I've been using the site I have no evidence they share or abuse the contact information they have.

I'm posting this information only to provide the forum members with another outlet for posting their experiences, good or bad, as the exposure is far greater than posting only within this forum. I'm not sure how 'world wide' the site is but know it covers the US and Canada.

We have some, IMO, excellent vendors participating here and this is an opportunity to let people outside this forum share our experiences.

yeah, and some of those reviews are bogus. I'm baking something, and if it works, I'll come with details ;). There are plenty of positive reviews for some sellers, written by customers having only that review.
Physiologically speaking, there are more chances that customers will search on internet where to write about their negative experiences than to praise the sellers. If the sellers don't have a direct link to this website, then how all this explosion of positive feedbacks ?

Last edited:
Some buyers if not happy, they will search everywhere to write negative experiences.

Some products profit can not cover the after-sales service, so we need think carefully sell what and not sell what.
One aliexpress sellers told me, last year their some cheap dash cams like K6000, H198 sell very well, but too much problems, at last the store closed.

Some buyers if not happy, they will search everywhere to write negative experiences.
I totally agree with you. What I was saying is that among those reviews:
- some negative reviews are not always correct: third party shipping delays, products which don't meet the expectancies of the buyers, etc.
- some positive reviews are fakes: the sellers pay "2 cents" to buyers to write a nice review or totally fake reviews in which the sellers create accounts to praise themselves. If the review is positive and the reviewer has made only one review on that website, then there is a high chance that the review is fake.
In the example of Pier28, the review is positive, but that reviewer, dickt, started his activity in 2009.

I like more Aliexpress than Amazon, but I don't always like the way some sellers describe their merchandise.

Last edited:
Aliexpress and ebay review is too simple, you can not get many useful info from their.
Sometime I checked some products on aliexpress, I know this product have problems, but I can not understand why the positive feedback is above 98%.

go to Amazon and look at reviews for DVR207 copy, hundreds of good reviews, some people know nothing about the product and give good reviews just because the product arrives

We have a couple of consumer rating sites here, i have only used them once, and that was to warn other ppl about my former ISP.

And i even think our native sites can be tampered with too, so for the most i just leave them be.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/

Back