Very grainy indoors videos

DiversionXj

Reaction score
Country
Spain
New
Hello
I received my git 2 pro yesterday from amazon and after a few videos, I have a few conclusions and questions. Daytime videos are great, even used it as a dashcam at 1080 60fps and compared to my G90 dashcam (Ambarella A7LS sensor inside) the video is sharper, better contrast and colours.
But indoors the videos are really bad. Grainy image, dead pixels everywhere (they disapear when filming outdors, then others pop up when I get back inside, not in the same place) , the video quality is poor, looks like 640x480 vga. I ve updated to the latest firmware 1.3 I think it is, same thing, indoors with natural light video is unusable. Add artificial light and it gets even worse ( I know all cameras have issues wit artificial lighting). I used to own GoPro Hero 4 Silver which I returned do to wifi/sound problems (340 euros and both units come faulty, known issue with gopro, they don t care), and with the same memory card ( Lexar class 10 U3) the indoors video on the Gopro under the same conditions was flawless. My pc is brand new, Intel Skylake i5 6600 k processor, I ve tried vlc player, quicktime player, splash lite, same results.
So do you also experience this problem with your git 2 ? Is it normal with this camera? White balance was 0, colours normal, wdr not activated, basically factory settings, I didn t touch a thing, except angle from wide to narrow. I filmed without the waterproof case, which came with a missing screw in the lens area, so the case did not affect the video.
Also which app do you use to conect to the cam? I ve tried FinalCam and I don t recomend this app.
Thank you

it is a know fact that gitup and other cam need more ligth than what you can have indoor. Gopro don t use the same sensor , so they can be better indoor than other cam. Gitup is working on a firmware to improve the white pixel, I belive the ISO quality on the Gopro is better than the one on Gitup, that why you can have a video less grainy.

wait for the next firmware as we know he is working on the white pixel at this time.

it is a know fact that gitup and other cam need more ligth than what you can have indoor. Gopro don t use the same sensor , so they can be better indoor than other cam. Gitup is working on a firmware to improve the white pixel, I belive the ISO quality on the Gopro is better than the one on Gitup, that why you can have a video less grainy.

wait for the next firmware as we know he is working on the white pixel at this time.

I hope they fix this in future updates, because this ruins a good camera for the price.
Today I ve made some indoors fotos in the same places as with Gopro 4 and the photos are very similar, the only problem is with videos. I did change iso to 100 and contrast to soft as recomended by another user with the same issue and got some slightly better videos both indoors and in my garage (lowlight conditions ) then with factory settings, but still grainy video.
Went on the beach as it was very very cloudy today and did some tests. Even with clouds completely covering the sky the video was nice in 1080/30 fps/60fps and 2k/24fps. Made a side by side compairison with Iphone 6 and that is very very sharp compaired to Git2, still for the price, Git 2 does a decent (a bit grainy but ok) video for the price under these cloudy conditions.

Back