Vicovation Vico-WF1 - WISH LIST (Suggested Firmware Feature Enhancements)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
I'll update this list as I think of more things, I've only had it a few hours so far.

Vicovation Vico-WF1 WISH LIST

-
Select alternative clip sizes 1 minute, 3 minute, or 5 minute.
(current firmware is 3 minute only)

-more on screen text options & customization.

-add seconds to hour/minutes 00:00:00
(done! 1.51 added seconds to minutes & more)

-Option of U.S.A. style date format 10/16/2013

-Ability to export MP4 videos to iPhone Camera Roll. (for editing with iOS-iMovie)

-Double Stick Tape should be BLACK not Grey so it doesn't stand out from outside.

-Custom bit-rate selection.
(although this camera looks pretty amazing at 10Mbps already, 12 is the sweet spot)

-iPhone 5S bug (can't change option in Vicoviewer app) iPad works.

(bug reported and being worked on by support)
(fixed!)

-Improve Auto Exposure Control/Correction.
(when driving through shadows or dealing with sun glare)

(done! 1.51 improved image quality)

(EDIT NOV 7, 2013)
@CheckYourLights said:
#1 is it feels like it takes a little long to copy a video file from the camera to my phone. I did not time it, but it seems to move a bit slowly. I also noticed that I seem to have to play a file and then click save. The file is saving and playing behind the save box dialog at the same time. I'm sure this has to use a bit of bandwidth. I meant to try long pressing and see if i can save from the file list to see if it goes faster. I'll try that next time i am in my car.

#2 again is my feature request that the LED ring have an off setting so that it does not glow at all at night

#3 is to make it as good during the night as my TF2. Now that I can use it properly i can do some decent night time testing and playing with settings, but from what i remember when i would pull the card and use my computer night time was a little rough.

Items Completed or already implemented (things I like)

-LED brightness mute (thanks, no longer flashing, and a nice dim glow)

-Voice volume/mute (thanks, I don't want to hear anything when I start my car)

UPDATE Jan 2014 FW 1.51

1. Improved image quality. Enhance the sharpness and clearness.
2. Improve low temperature endurance
3. Add “Second” digits into Time Stamp.

1. WiFi Auto Off
2. Rotate Video 180 degrees
3. Audio Alert Language Selections.
4. Add German interface and voice notification.

WF1 looks amazing at night time under one streetlight compared to before when almost everything was crushed to black. It's almost TF2 good.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a good price for these cams? I check their website but didn't see a price...idk, maybe I missed it.

What is a good price for these cams? I check their website but didn't see a price...idk, maybe I missed it.

Here's what I could find so far.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/vendor-sites-and-offers.26/

https://www.google.com/#q=Vico-WF1&tbm=shop

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.XVicovation WF1&_nkw=Vicovation WF1&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I don't think this Camera is popular in the U.S. yet. (DashCam's are just now becoming interesting in the U.S. slowly but surely)
WF1 is priced at a premium so I probably wouldn't expect to find a "good" deal yet. You get what you pay for though and this thing is high quality.

EDIT: Almost missed that SpyTec carries it!
http://www.spytecinc.com/vico-tf2-premium-dash-car-camera-875.html#.UmMW3vkgfTc
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00EYM5UZA

thanks JazJon. Similar prices all across just like what I found when initially searching eBay ($280-$300 range). I thought maybe there was a "secret seller" or some place that had it for a lot less than that. Not really trying to spend over 2 bills on a dash cam for now. lol :D

Spytech is selling it for 280 on eBay and 300 on Amazon.
I wonder if the Amazon price is going to come down or the eBay price is going to go up.
I might give it a shot when it gets around the 250 mark or so. The more i look the more i like it, but 300 dollars isn't really in the budget for a new cam right now unfortunately.

Spytech is selling it for 280 on eBay and 300 on Amazon.
I wonder if the Amazon price is going to come down or the eBay price is going to go up.
I might give it a shot when it gets around the 250 mark or so. The more i look the more i like it, but 300 dollars isn't really in the budget for a new cam right now unfortunately.

We do feel like the price is a bit high on the WF1 at $300 (the price Vicovation felt was appropriate for the North American Market). It's a great camera though (especially with the firmware update). We are going to try it out on sale at $249.95 for a month starting today to try to drum up more interest in it. With regards our different pricing on E-bay/Amazon/Our Website, the pricing and inventory selection on each are chosen by the person handling the particular marketplace at our company.

We do feel like the price is a bit high on the WF1 at $300 (the price Vicovation felt was appropriate for the North American Market). It's a great camera though (especially with the firmware update). We are going to try it out on sale at $249.95 for a month starting today to try to drum up more interest in it. With regards our different pricing on E-bay/Amazon/Our Website, the pricing and inventory selection on each are chosen by the person handling the particular marketplace at our company.

Thank you for the explanation. Now that i read my post again i may have come off as a bit of a jerk and that was defiantly not my intention. I just meant to point it out in case someone was looking to buy soon and wanted to get in on the best price possible as i have seen other vendors raise their price on cameras (G1W by a few dollars recently along with others in past months like the Livue LB100 and DR32)

This promotion sounds like a great deal and i hope it will drum up business for you and put what looks like a great camera in more drivers cars.

No, you didn't come off as a jerk. I agree with you about the price being a bit high especially considering the Blackvue selling for ~259 these days. We usually encourage manufacturers we buy from to try to be aggressive with pricing when they employ MAP pricing structures.

An addition to the list is the ability to sync transfer emergency videos to mobile devices via Wifi while driving, if the device is within range. This would allow the user to have a copy of the emergency video without connecting and downloading.

It be triggered by pressing the Emergency record button or G-sensor, just send the file over to the mobile device nicely and discretely.

An addition to the list is the ability to sync transfer emergency videos to mobile devices via Wifi while driving, if the device is within range. This would allow the user to have a copy of the emergency video without connecting and downloading.

It be triggered by pressing the Emergency record button or G-sensor, just send the file over to the mobile device nicely and discretely.

That sounds like a long shot, might be automatic with Android, not so much with iPhone though. Doesn't hurt to push limits though and and ask or creative updates!

Hope DashCams Australia can offer it at the same price instead.

Fat panda, in Canada the WF1 resell price is $400.... I've actually considered buying it from Australia, but considering Canada's import tax ranges from 0% to 250% based on the mood of the person inspecting your goods, I still purchased it from the Canadian reseller instead.

Добрый день(у нас день) :) Приветствую Вас из России. Случайно нашел ваш форум,решил поделится.Как то у вас грустно может позитива внесу:
Оригиналы видео:
http://yadi.sk/d/tTww_CmbAotw4

Что скажете? Интересно ваше мнение. На данный момент хочется повышенного битрейта 14-18
День,солнечно,WDR стандарт,экспо -0.5,звук отключен.
Оригинал видео:
http://yadi.sk/d/xM4ifeWDBJMWy

Back