Video format

ecnar

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the best format for submitting videos? I have a video in MP4 and, I'm not able to post it.
Thanks.

Youtube is free and they take mp4 but I'd suggest editing software to cut the video to just the revelent section. No need to wait to upload the whole 3 or 5 minutes if you want to show only about 30 seconds. Windows 8 and 10 has free movie editing that is decent and can save in streaming format that works best with youtube.

And if you want to add narration to your clip, both the YouTube video editor and Windows Movie Maker allow you to insert a audio and align it with your video segments.

Yes , youtube ....
Also VideoPad is an excellent editor ..
Windows movie maker is a good tool until you want to do more , its time for Microsoft to add functionality to Movie maker ... ( Its too basic for 2016 )

Yes , youtube ....
Windows movie maker is a good tool until you want to do more , its time for Microsoft to add functionality to Movie maker ... ( Its too basic for 2016 )
They haven't changed notepad since windows 1.0, and paint simply got a new skin in windows 10... Dont see them doing anything with wmm. Probably try to make some craptastic "universal" app that has 1/40th of the features of wmm and loudly proclaiming that it's amazing awesome and astounding, and then block you from running wmm.

Can you tell I don't like the new "universal" apps? :p

Windows 10 is free ... SO I dont see MS investing to much NSA money into it .. ( perhaps )

Yes , youtube ....

Movie maker need a lot of work i think, dont even support 1080/60, at least not as a output format.
I cant see it beeing that much of a problem updating it, they snagged up hyperlapse pretty fast, perhaps they can snag up a company that have a good edeting program and then just replace moviemaker with it.

If you want to show the quality of your videos, your dashcam, just cut and/or join the videos using Registrator Viewer.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hey, Microsoft programs are free. Don't go looking a gift horse in the mouth. Sure there are better program but simple and free is good enough for less experienced to get started.

Hey, Microsoft programs are free. Don't go looking a gift horse in the mouth. Sure there are better program but simple and free is good enough for less experienced to get started.
"free" in the sense that you paid for the OS and they threw those things in with it. whereas linux, everything's free, including the OsS and you get GIMP instead of paint, and Libre Office instead of wordpad. and a lot more fully fledged programs as well. in a LOT less disk space than a bare bones install of windows.

TANSTAAFL :p

but hey - i dual boot, since linux isn't ready for prime time when it comes to games.

Back