View Camera via HDMI While Recording ?

RogerH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Koonlung K1s (x2), BlueSkySea Mini 0906
Is it possible to view the camera image while it is recording ? I'm replacing an aging Koonlung K1s dual camera DVR in my car with the Mini 0906 dual, and the Koonlung K1s allowed you to connect the DVR unit to the video input of your stereo, so you could view the camera signal while it's recording (very handy for looking at what's happening behind you in a wider angle than mirror shows), and also helps when adjusting cameras. What I was thinking to do was to connect Mini 0806 to my stereo head unit via a Mini HDMI to HDMI cable,then an HDMI to RCA convertor, and finally into the RCS plugs on the rear of the stereo. I realize this would work fine if I playback videos on the Mini 0906. but I was just wondering of the unit also displays video through HDMI port when it is recording ?

It was at least at one time possible to view live footage via the HDMI as i used that when we changed / tried other lenses on the test samples, but i cant remember if it was recording at the same time too, so better wait for others to chime in too.

Just looked at features of latest firmware, and in there is says recording is disabled when HDMI is connected. Guess I won;t be connecting HDMI then :)

No problem - if I wanna see what it's recording, I'll look out the front or rear window, and if I wanna payback on stereo screen, I'll just eject SD car and put it in stereo.

Back