Views on reliability.

XtrailAndy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius C ( front ) Mobius B ( rear ) running Super Caps
Morning all... for the last 4 years my Mobius cameras have worked flawlessly, so I'm wondering how those of you that have the Maxi are getting on with regards to reliability, any views would be appreciated.

From the lack of comments to this question, I'll take it that the Maxi is not that good.

From the lack of comments to this question, I'll take it that the Maxi is not that good.
I have one on order so I can't help you but I do have a Mobius 2 and I have had no problem with it.

I have front and rear Mobius v3's in the X-Trail and was considering the Maxi, but was looking for some hands on reviews before ordering one.

When I receive my Mobius Maxi I will test it and take picture's and video's and post them so look for them in my thread.

Will do, on paper the camera looks great, so here's hoping it is.

A forum member called TonyM is the man to speak to for a review of the mobius maxi as he’s got a few of them I think, from what I know there pretty good!

Morning all... for the last 4 years my Mobius cameras have worked flawlessly, so I'm wondering how those of you that have the Maxi are getting on with regards to reliability, any views would be appreciated.

I suggest waiting till the hanging/freezing/lock-up issue is taken care of.

I suggest waiting till the hanging/freezing/lock-up issue is taken care of.
What freezing or lock ups are you experiencing? On startup or after a period of recording?

A forum member called TonyM is the man to speak to for a review of the mobius maxi as he’s got a few of them I think, from what I know there pretty good!
In day-to-day use mine are reliable once set up. I have some issues during FW testing but that's a different thing.

The FW still has some bugs to be fixed. Adding extra features like WiFi is making things more complicated.

I had no issued with my Maxi i have had since day #1

Last edited:
What freezing or lock ups are you experiencing? On startup or after a period of recording?

Same as on the release firmware. It's not frequent but even after the Wi-Fi firmware, happed once, locks up (don't know when), camera becomes unresponsive and LEDs remain lit on turning the car off.

Same as on the release firmware. It's not frequent but even after the Wi-Fi firmware, happed once, locks up (don't know when), camera becomes unresponsive and LEDs remain lit on turning the car off.
Capacitor or battery?
2.7k extreme 60Mbps?

In fact I just removed mine 2 days back. M1 with the 12mm does better for now.

Capacitor. Yes, 2.7k Extreme.

Samsung 128GB U3
Did you reformat the card regularly? I think the Maxi struggles with long term loop recording if the card is not formatted regularly.

Did you reformat the card regularly? I think the Maxi struggles with long term loop recording if the card is not formatted regularly.

Firmware update to update, maybe once in between. I don't think I'm the only one.

Battery - 1080 / 30 or 60 ( cant remember ), it have been a while since i last looked at the memory card.

I've had my Maxi (with capacitor) installed a couple of months ago. no issues at all except at the beginning had to format the 32GB Sandisk high endurance card to get it recording. but that's about it . I use 1080p / 60 frames.
one small bug i did notice, sometimes if i use the app to change configuration, it doesn't save the new config.
sample https://mega.nz/#!jsJRXCob!0KxAvNdjYaYaT948eOZk1bjjjRB-6DdUhbx5YvBn2jQ

Last edited:
Back