VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Well, I replaced the v3 with another v3 camera and it has worked flawlessly. The original camera is going back to Viofo for a refund.

was on 1.00 but I upgraded to 1.02

Its a bad camera, not the FW

I have had no problems at all with FW1.02. Bad luck with the dashcam but there is always one some where in the barrel of apples.

Funny how often folks end up getting the one rotten apple in the bunch of 200,000.
Over the years when I complain about a dud I bought ... how many times I hear 'I've never heard of that happening before'
lol ... it's like scoring a lemon is a rare occurrence - and lucky me ended up getting it. I wish a tattslotto ticket would treat me similarly (y)

Any idea when the A119 V3 will be released in Australia ... and what the RRP will be?

Electronics have always been a bit suspect to failing at anytime. It is much better than it was a few years back where ultra cheap components were the fault it even effected some major names all to save a penny..
The first few times of running a device is going to be the most susceptible time to failure as it will be the probably the first time the components have been under load.
Unfortunately there are lots of thing that can cause failure from bad connectors to a component failing even with well known branded items can fail for similar reasons. It's the luck of the draw.
Hopefully you will be able to get the V3 in Aus soon.

Electronics have always been a bit suspect to failing at anytime. It is much better than it was a few years back where ultra cheap components were the fault it even effected some major names all to save a penny..

Back in the day before manufacturing left our home Countries and moved to China ... items went through and had to pass a Quality Control test and get signed off with initials when they passed. Since moving to China ... many of these products no longer seem to be tested... and they just send them out to Retailers and expect them to handle it when their customers bring the duds back to them.

Manufactures are saving $ on the lack of QC and they don't seem to care that lemons are being sold in with the good ones ... and can hide behind the excuse that 'there are always the odd defective units' to cover themselves.

It also appears that some manufacturers are happy to release new models without proper testing in house ... and rely on consumers to pick up the faults, report, complain or return items ... to fix the bugs. They should be properly tested prior to release.
I'm guessing they do it this way because it is cheaper and they get to make the release date time ... and not be embarrassed or get criticised for delays.
I prefer they delay release and fix the bugs ... and credit to those manufacturers that choose to do this. (y)

Last edited:
A full quality control check is expensive and many manufactures have dispensed with this costly process and rely on computerisation to do any checking. It is sometimes the only way that the price can meet what the consumer is willing to pay. Sometimes an item can pass quality control and still fail in use especially electronics. Controlling the period between depart and arrival to the consumer is out of the control of the manufacturer. Most of us have seen the way that some delivery firms mis-handle their/our product (YouTube). Electronics are more resilient that they use to be but if treated badly or by bad luck can still fail.

The official website has updates for all models, but the files are the same, did not have time to change?

On the official site viofo.com the firmware provided for updates is the latest. Is there a place (archive) where can I find previous versions?

On the official site viofo.com the firmware provided for updates is the latest. Is there a place (archive) where can I find previous versions?

@viofo
Good day.
А119V3, Error in firmware V2.1 (update 2020.1113)
On the latest firmware, when saving the emergency file, only the current one is saved, the previous one is not saved.
Please check.

@viofo
On the latest firmware, when saving the emergency file, only the current one is saved, the previous one is not saved.
Please check.
I tested on firmwares v2.0 and v1.03 (both builds). Seems the previous clip is not saved when the emergency button is pressed around ~5sec mark of a clip.

However, if pressed around ~55sec mark, the next clip is saved.

Can someone confirm if they ever had this feature work on their A119 v3? Seems like a terrible oversight for it to be missing on so many release firmwares.

Another difference I'm seeing, coming from an A119 v2 recently, is that to take a snapshot, I need to press the Menu button twice if the screen is off: once to wake up the screen, and a second time to actually take a snapshot. Any way to do it with a single press like the A119 v2?
The emergency lock button does its job with a single press, whether the screen is on or off.

I expect Viofo will not add to A119 V3 the same function like on A119 and I consider it is better to remain like it is now.

@viofo
Please check.
I tested on a recent testing firmware v2.2 with 1 Minute videos and the feature is working.
First test was Emergency pressed at second 6 and the previous video was saved.
Second test was Emergency pressed at second 53 on another video and the next video was saved.
Please make the same test like I did and report.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Reactions: gse
I expect Viofo will not add to A119 V3 the same function like on A119 and I consider it is better to remain like it is now.
Is this how all the Viofos are programmed now a days?

I tested on a recent firmware v2.2 with 1 Minute videos and the feature is working.
Where is v2.2 available? I can't seem to find it on the offical site

Not official yet.

enjoy,
Mtz

I tested on a recent testing firmware v2.2 with 1 Minute videos and the feature is working.
First test was Emergency pressed at second 6 and the previous video was saved.
Second test was Emergency pressed at second 53 on another video and the next video was saved.
Please make the same test like I did and report.
I checked that when the emergency button is pressed, only one current file is saved in the RO folder! The previous one is not saved.

1 minute videos.
First time I pressed Emergency at second 5. Previous video was saved as RO.
After 3 minutes of waiting camera to save and record new videos I pressed again the Emergency video at second 53. The next video was saved as RO.

Attachments

• V2.2T RO videos are saved OK.jpg
    V2.2T RO videos are saved OK.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 28
Back