VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Thanks VVS

I've tried the latest firmware but for me I cannot get sharp daytime screenshots which is what I need. I very rarely drive at night so that bit isn't important.

Even on Viofo HDR advertising screenshots the problem is highlighted. Look at the "V" on the concrete post, HDR on it's blurred :

I very rarely drive at night so that bit isn't important.
I suggested to make a firmware for Viofo, so that HDR is on / off. from the button, then in your case, turning off the HDR during the day will not be blurry !!
Maybe Viofo will make such a firmware?

My issue with the latest firmware is exactly what Viofo messaged me about ages ago.

As I've posted before, they said that HDR On/Off was actually High/Low which will be why 1.03 produces sharper screenshots for me than the latest 2.6 with HDR off. I've tried the latest with the day/night timer and daytime is still slightly blurry.

However Karagandinez has posted some impressive sharp 2.6 screenshots with a high closing speed but no matter how many times I've tried I just can't reproduce sharp images on either of my V3's

Thanks for the suggestion though :)

All in all I'm happy with 1.03 as it's doing what I need.

All in all I'm happy with 1.03 as it's doing what I need.
I am in a similar situation. I will try new firmwares now and then but always come back to 1.03 build 20190911. I will probably try 2.6 just for the hell of it but will not be surprised if I go back to 1.03. I just wish there was a way to save all the settings on an SD card so I do not have to navigate that menu all the time.

Does it take you too long?:unsure:
No, just a few minutes it is a first world problem for sure but the Dashcam is tucked away tight behind the rear view mirror to be inconspicuous and so is not easy to get to or to see the screen. I do not like all that button pressing and inevitably press the wrong button now and then. It is a small PITA but still a PITA particularly in our climate and enough to be a deterrent to experimentation with settings e.g. parking mode with an external USB power pack or new firmware.. My dslr allows me to save settings to a card and it would be nice feature if the Dashcam had the same.

Last edited:
No, just a few minutes it is a first world problem for sure but the Dashcam is tucked away tight behind the rear view mirror to be inconspicuous and so is not easy to get to or to see the screen. I do not like all that button pressing and inevitably press the wrong button now and then. It is a small PITA but still a PITA particularly in our climate and enough to be a deterrent to experimentation with settings e.g. parking mode with an external USB power pack or new firmware.. My dslr allows me to save settings to a card and it would be nice feature if the Dashcam had the same.
Yes, it's a bit inconvenient to do it on the spot.
I have the V3 mounted behind the rearview mirror, but it doesn't take much work or time to remove it.
I remove it before flashing it from the GPS module and flash it and set it up at home or in the car.

Yeah, it is no big deal the remove the camera from the windshield and change the settings while you hold it in your hand. In fact, if you keep a spare, short USB cable in your car you can do it right there, plugged into a power bank or your USB charger.

Yes, still using 1.03 on both my V3's

Which settings in particular are you looking for ?

2560x1440 30fps
High bitrate
EV 0
5 seconds startup delay

I've just edited my last post with the main ones

It allows the car electrics a few seconds to recover from the starter motor crank.

Back