VIOFO А119V3 FIRMWARE

Go for the newer one as the older one had a small but, that I forget what it was now

Then run at native 2560x1440, 30fps, high bitrate

(I think it's 2560x1440, not looked for over a year or so)
I got my A119 V3 in Jan 2020 and had problems with parking mode in the fw version of that time which was 20190924. That was the issue. User ds2010 did a deal of testing and found that 20190911 did not have the issue so I went back to 20190911 and that solved the problem. Later versions of the FW did not have the problem. For a while I would try every new FW as it came out but kept going back to 20190911 for the, to my eyes, superior video quality. in terms of contrast, saturation and clarity.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
I'll refresh the topic a bit.
Can you tell me what is the best firmware for the A119V3 recorder right now? It's been a while since the last update and honestly I still don't know what firmware is the best.

I'm counting on your help.

This is one of those questions that always gets different answers

A lot prefer the latest 2.6x whilst a small number of us prefer the old 1.03 - take your pick

The best firmware is up to individual preference. Viofo adds new features to its cam through firmware update. In case somebody does not like new feathers, they would like to use previous firmware. You might want to do a side-by-side comparison and choose your best firmware.

I want the image to be as good as possible both at night and during the day. I am a bus driver and use the recorder in my daily work. I can't find an image comparison anywhere that would show the differences between version 2.6x and 1.03. I don't care about new features, but about the best image quality. Can you help me choose the firmware?

The firmware 2.x offers HDR and the firmware 1.03 offers WDR, plus other differences. There are a lot of discussions here regarding HDR and WDR, and almost all the other things. I’m re-posting some A119 V3 firmware choices from the other forum. You could download those previous firmware from there.

Interesting that the link agrees with what I've been saying for years - HDR wrecked the sharp image when, like me, you take static screenshots

I conclude that the firmware that gives us the best quality image is version 1.03. If I'm wrong, correct me.

I tried 1.03 for long hours with Powerbank.
For example, after 24 hours the image becomes 20% darker.hdr is not like that.

Since tastes and preferences are different for everyone, you can argue endlessly about which firmware is better.
I will never change the firmware with HDR to the firmware with WDR. Because the readability of oncoming car numbers at night is important to me.
But some users will never get off the firmware v1.03, because the readability of numbers at night is not important to them.

Reactions: gse
Since tastes and preferences are different for everyone, you can argue endlessly about which firmware is better.
I will never change the firmware with HDR to the firmware with WDR. Because the readability of oncoming car numbers at night is important to me.
But some users will never get off the firmware v1.03, because the readability of numbers at night is not important to them.
wich firmware hdr

I ride most of the time during the day, so in my case the HDR version is probably a better solution.

I conclude that if I want better quality of the movie at night I should install 1.03 and if the movie is to be better during the day then version 2.X?

I ride most of the time during the day, so in my case the HDR version is probably a better solution.

I conclude that if I want better quality of the movie at night I should install 1.03 and if the movie is to be better during the day then version 2.X?

You've got it backwards. It's the other way around. @Kremmen is saying that v1.03 is better during the day if you want the sharper video as HDR tends to cause some issues during the daytime if it is enabled. HDR will help you better capture license plate numbers at night.

Last edited:
Yes

I'm a 99% daytime driver and 1.03 works best for me

The best answer is to get 1.03 and the latest version(s) in stock and try them all, as you can switch to any version at any time

See which version works best for you

Now I have the latest firmware installed. If I turn off HDR will it work like version 1.03? Or is the version just different from the latest one with HDR turned off?

Totally different

I was told by Viofo that HDR On/Off is actually High/Low and you still get blurring in screennshots

Try it for yourself and see which works best for you

HDR is good for stationary objects, such as vehicles in front of you. The HDR gives blurry images of vehicles travelling on the opposite side of the road. WDR gives very bright images when it is dark. It is more like “over-exposure” of dark images.

Back