Viofo 139 pro 4K issues with wifi, live streaming, etc.

rizz85

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased this camera in June of this year...when i first got it i had issues getting it to stick to windshield due TX weather...and waited until now to hang it up now that its cooler and did the latest firmware update...it worked for a few days...Now when I press any button on the actual cam...i get no response....long press and everything...so the app is useless...cant connect to wifi..when i was able to get in for a split second live stream screen was completely black and not recording anything...The only light thats on is the red record light(light blinks for a few seconds then it stops)...I really dont know what to do at this point I've did a hard reset...redid the update...press the buttons over & over on the cam and nothing...unplug and replug nothing...took the camera down hooked it up in my home same thing....smh! If any suggestions let me know

I purchased this camera in June of this year...when i first got it i had issues getting it to stick to windshield due TX weather...and waited until now to hang it up now that its cooler and did the latest firmware update...it worked for a few days...Now when I press any button on the actual cam...i get no response....long press and everything...so the app is useless...cant connect to wifi..when i was able to get in for a split second live stream screen was completely black and not recording anything...The only light thats on is the red record light(light blinks for a few seconds then it stops)...I really dont know what to do at this point I've did a hard reset...redid the update...press the buttons over & over on the cam and nothing...unplug and replug nothing...took the camera down hooked it up in my home same thing....smh! If any suggestions let me know
Sounds like you did the right thing and tried a hard reset, you'll have to contact viofo support directly or your retail storefront from which you purchase the camera.

Sounds like you did the right thing and tried a hard reset, you'll have to contact viofo support directly or your retail storefront from which you purchase the camera.
Yeah i contacted support before typing on here but i ordered through blackboxmycar...im hoping they can help if not I'm screwed. Hundreds of dollars wasted.

Yeah i contacted support before typing on here but i ordered through blackboxmycar...im hoping they can help if not I'm screwed. Hundreds of dollars wasted.
I would expect a big box retailer like that to assist, so try not to fret. Sure all will be ok mate

i ordered through blackboxmycar...im hoping they can help if not I'm screwed. Hundreds of dollars wasted
@BlackboxMyCar is the most reputable, and forthright dash camera retailer I’ve ever known.
Like most other retailers their return policy is 30 days.
Because you failed to confirm & verify the camera worked properly, and discover the possible defective unit within the 30-day return period, your only alternative is to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer, (1 Year).
If any money is wasted it’s not BlackboxMyCar’s fault, you should have checked your camera as soon as it was delivered.
That’s why they made this video;

Sorry if it sounds like I’m attacking you but, you’re blaming the wrong person for the situation you’re in.
@viofo is also the most reputable, and forthright dash cam manufacturer I’ve ever known.
Especially for after sale customer support.
I have no doubt they will be eager to work with you to replace a DOA defective unit, and make sure you are 100% satisfied.
It’s just going to take more time to sort it out.
-Chuck

@BlackboxMyCar is the most reputable, and forthright dash camera retailer I’ve ever known.
Like most other retailers their return policy is 30 days.
Because you failed to confirm & verify the camera worked properly, and discover the possible defective unit within the 30-day return period, your only alternative is to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer, (1 Year).
If any money is wasted it’s not BlackboxMyCar’s fault, you should have checked your camera as soon as it was delivered.
That’s why they made this video;

Sorry if it sounds like I’m attacking you but, you’re blaming the wrong person for the situation you’re in.
@viofo is also the most reputable, and forthright dash cam manufacturer I’ve ever known.
Especially for after sale customer support.
I have no doubt they will be eager to work with you to replace a DOA defective unit, and make sure you are 100% satisfied.
It’s just going to take more time to sort it out.
-Chuck
Well thats the thing it was working for the first few months there was no issues besides trying to get it to stay on my windshield..otherwise no technical issues...So how can you say that??

I sincerely don’t understand what problems there could be with installing a DVR on glass?
I've been to both Texas and Florida. I didn’t see anything special that could interfere with the installation.
Strange excuse.
No, well, if the tornado kept getting in the way all summer... )

Well thats the thing it was working for the first few months there was no issues besides trying to get it to stay on my windshield..otherwise no technical issues...So how can you say that??
Well you don't know what's going to happen unless you contact Viofo and go thru the whole warranty process, no point worrying about what could be until you get some answers...

I sincerely don’t understand what problems there could be with installing a DVR on glass?
I've been to both Texas and Florida. I didn’t see anything special that could interfere with the installation.
Strange excuse.
No, well, if the tornado kept getting in the way all summer... )
i wrote out what the issues were...can you read? Don't care where you been doesn't matter...You don't live here...we got through triple digit heat...my cam wouldn't stay it kept falling off....my major concern is the technical issues ....I have contacted support still waiting...i don't understand why several of you are attacking somebody that needed help not your opinion...i could care less what you think...you act like this is your company...are you getting free products from these people is that why your so offended? I've seen alot of people complain about issues with company and other dash cam companies....so what is your problem?

i wrote out what the issues were...can you read? Don't care where you been doesn't matter...You don't live here...we got through triple digit heat...my cam wouldn't stay it kept falling off....my major concern is the technical issues ....I have contacted support still waiting...i don't understand why several of you are attacking somebody that needed help not your opinion...i could care less what you think...you act like this is your company...are you getting free products from these people is that why your so offended? I've seen alot of people complain about issues with company and other dash cam companies....so what is your problem?
Unfortunately you have done all that you can, and now just have to wait for the process to play out in terms of warranty support.

There's nothing more we can do for you here.

Well you don't know what's going to happen unless you contact Viofo and go thru the whole warranty process, no point worrying about what could be until you get some answers...
Yes I already have. I just had to respond back to the ridiculous comments...instead of helping the side comments some of you are doing isn't needed. Nobody cares about the negative comments. Some of you it looks like have been on this forum for years and instead of welcoming somebody and helping you guys are attacking. Who does that? One guy made a suggestion for what i should do then came at me in the breath who does that? Then another made some stupid comment about him coming to TX...that made no sense without any help or suggestion...smh....

Unfortunately you have done all that you can, and now just have to wait for the process to play out in terms of warranty support.

There's nothing more we can do for you here.
Got it

Yes I already have. I just had to respond back to the ridiculous comments...instead of helping the side comments some of you are doing isn't needed. Nobody cares about the negative comments. Some of you it looks like have been on this forum for years and instead of welcoming somebody and helping you guys are attacking. Who does that? One guy made a suggestion for what i should do then came at me in the breath who does that? Then another made some stupid comment about him coming to TX...that made no sense without any help or suggestion...smh....
in the same breath*

...i had issues getting it to stick to windshield due TX weather...
The OEM VHB tape isn't always the best. I've had very good experience with this - it says permanent but can be removed. As with anything you need to clean the glass properly.

Please rest assured that we will solve all the issues for you. 1. If you have connected to the wifi, there will be no response from the buttons. To get a reaction from the buttons on the camera, please turn off the wifi and try again. If not help, please detach the interior/rear camera and just test the front camera to confirm if it can work well. It is better to test with the original car charger supplying the power. 2. What model of your phone? If you use an iPhone, please disable the VIOFO app from accessing the cellular on your phone or just set your phone to airplane mode when you need to connect to the camera wifi. Here is an article you can refer to: https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000127932-why-can-not-i-use-the-viofo-app- Shall we know your ticket number so we can solve the problem for you in priority?

we got through triple digit heat
Wow, how terrible!!!
We have had this temperature all summer (Tengiz Kazakhstan), but the DVRs do not fall.
If your hands are growing out of your ass, then who is to blame for this?
Oh, yes, I forgot - the seller!

Wow, how terrible!!!
We have had this temperature all summer (Tengiz Kazakhstan), but the DVRs do not fall.
If your hands are growing out of your ass, then who is to blame for this?
Oh, yes, I forgot - the seller!
I was last in Almaty in the summer in 2018, I can't wait to go back!

Hey there @rizz85. Sorry to hear you're encountering these issues, though I'm glad to see that the community at large, as well as VIOFO directly are already hard at work to help resolve things.

At any rate, please do feel free to call our tech-line if you'd like direct hands-on help, and rest assured that the unit should still be fully covered under the 1-year warranty from both ourselves, and VIOFO. If VIOFO deems the unit faulty and the shipping process for replacement is too lengthy, feel free to file for replacement through us, as we're North America-based, in Vancouver.

Back