VIOFO A118C Firmware

Thank you, @jokiin, both for your knowledge and your speedy replies!

Do you know of any reason not to use the beta from 20160727? I read through the thread and did not see any, since my unit is made by Viofo (not a fake).

Thank you, @jokiin, both for your knowledge and your speedy replies!

Do you know of any reason not to use the beta from 20160727? I read through the thread and did not see any, since my unit is made by Viofo (not a fake).

personally I would use the beta, there's still a couple of minor adjustments needed but overall it's far better than the older version, most of the changes are copied from our GC firmware

Thank you. I just updated to the beta version, loaded factory defaults, entered my customizations and tested it out. Basic functionality seems fine, and I like the new display of the elapsed time.

Thanks again for your help!

Hello, DCT, first time posting here. Found this thread and hopefully it's OK to tack on a related question:

Does anyone have a link to Viofo's latest A118C firmware? I saw the link to 20160727 Beta in the original post, but I'm wondering if there is a pointer to the latest official release (non-beta). I searched viofo.com, but they only seem to publish firmware updates for the A119.

The reason I'm asking is, I had one of my A118C's fail. The failed unit came with 20160316, but the replacement unit came with an older version from 2015. Seems like I should have the latest officially released version...

Thanks in advance for your help.
There are no bad feedback for the beta firmware, so you can use it without problems.

We also replied the ticket you opened for firmware yesterday.

Another thing, it seems we send 2 new to you by mistake, there is another one on the way.

I've used the Beta version for a couple hours of filming now, and it has worked perfectly so far.

Thanks again for your great customer service!

Any idea when this beta firmware will become the official version? Under the Support tab at http://www.viofo.com/car-dash-cam/18-a118c-car-dash-camera.html, it still shows A118.20160130 as the official latest firmware. Are there still things being fixed in the beta firmware or more things plan to be added before the next official firmware?

Latest stable is 20160316 : https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118c-new-firmware-a118-20160130.17750/page-2#post-232070

Last edited:
personally I would use the beta, there's still a couple of minor adjustments needed but overall it's far better than the older version, most of the changes are copied from our GC firmware
What are some of the minor changes you would say are needed to the beta?

Hey guys, I bought my A118c from here - https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00VLSC3WS
A118C Car Camera, CiBest Dash Cam B40C by CiBest - is this a legit or a knock off?

My firmware version states: B40.20160311.001 (is this the best one to be using?) but recently the camera has been going into a loop restart randomly. Also the caution symbol has been coming on the screen during normal driving..any idea why?

Your version number is for the copy, not the Viofo version

Yes but the Viofo firmware is listed as A118C.20160316 and mine listed as B40.20160311.001 -- I am guessing that means firmware was issued March 16th 2016 and March 11th 2016, respectively. Is that correct?

And if so, would the Viofo firmware work on my CiBest A118c device?

Your hardware is different, the Viofo firmware runs on some of the copy versions but not on others, hard to say if yours will be stable or not

Does anyone here have experience running Viofo firmware on a CiBest A118C ?

I installed the firmware, seems to be working. Problem is, all audio is a loud hum. It won't pick up any speech, its all a buzzing/humming sound, anyone know why?

Edit: I went back to the OEM firmware that came with the device and its still buzzing now. I also tried an older version VIOFO firmware and still buzzing/humming... now I am thinking its a hardware issue..

Last edited:
Now the buzzing has taken over and there is no more sound being picked up at all. I think the unit might be defective.

Back