Viofo A119 system hang with display issue

rohith86

Reaction score
Country
India
Dash Cam
A119
I bought my dashcam Viofo A119 from banggood.in
Two days after installation, the cam system got hang with display issue as shown in the attachment.
From then, no videos are being recorded. No buttons are responding except that they give the beep sound.
I tried to contact banggood customer service. But no response so far.
Please suggest me what to do?

I have uploaded a video in youtube.

Attachments

• IMG_20180908_215423.jpg
    IMG_20180908_215423.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180908_215430.jpg
    IMG_20180908_215430.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180908_215434.jpg
    IMG_20180908_215434.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20180908_215502.jpg
    IMG_20180908_215502.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20180908_215619.jpg
    IMG_20180908_215619.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180908_215647.jpg
    IMG_20180908_215647.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I bought my dashcam Viofo A119 from banggood.com
Two days after installation, the cam system got hang with display issue as shown in the attachment.
From then, no videos are being recorded. No buttons are responding except that they give the beep sound.
I tried to contact banggood customer service. But no response so far.
Please suggest me what to do?

I have uploaded a video in youtube.
how old is your camera?
first re-install the loader, then re-install the latest firmware.

how old is your camera?
first re-install the loader, then re-install the latest firmware.

Received my camera on 3-Sep-2018. Installed on 6-Sep-2018.
Issue started on 8-Sep-2018 after noon.

Okay. I will try to update. One issue is as the buttons doesnt seems to respond. I am not able to view the current firmware number.

you can load any of the firmwares for your model and you'll be able to get it going, that is the most recent though

Updated the firmware. The issue still persists.
What to do now?

You may have to load it more than once

If still a problem it will be the ribbon cable for the CMOS sensor not seated properly, you'd need to open it up to fix that

ooh. Am not confident in opening up my new device. I wish, this really is not the issue. :(

If it's new, I'd have another go at contacting banggood to get it replaced, surely you have warranty with it?

banggood have to replace it or give a refund.
you should open a ticket on bg website, make a yt video and sent them the videolin and wait....

How did you update? Did you copy the file to the card with a card reader or try using Mass Storage Mode?

If it's new, I'd have another go at contacting banggood to get it replaced, surely you have warranty with it?
banggood have to replace it or give a refund.
you should open a ticket on bg website, make a yt video and sent them the videolin and wait....
I have raised a ticket with banggood using the above images and the youtube link. No response till now.

try to update the loader first, then the firmware.
I updated the loader first.

How did you update? Did you copy the file to the card with a card reader or try using Mass Storage Mode?
Yes, I copied each file (one at a time) to card with card reader. First the loader, then the firmware.
Not entering Mass storage mode as device hangs just after showing Viofo start-up screen.

Strange, normally if you have the .bin file in the root directory, firmware flashes and the camera boots up.

Strange, normally if you have the .bin file in the root directory, firmware flashes and the camera boots up.
I think the firmware is getting flashed as the light blinks fast with black screen for some seconds and the firmware file is getting deleted from the sd card. Seems to me like a hardware issue as Jokiin mentioned. :(

Could very well be hardware related. Either way you're out of a camera for at least a month. You could open it up and reseat the ribbon cable, just 4 screws and a bit of prying.

Could very well be hardware related. Either way you're out of a camera for at least a month. You could open it up and reseat the ribbon cable, just 4 screws and a bit of prying.
I will wait for some days or may be a week and see if banggood responds. If not, then I will take it to some local electronics shop and check the ribbon cable seating.
I see you too bought A119 from banggood. Does this have warranty?

According to Banggood warranty is 6 months.

They normally reply within a day or two, issue is sending the defective unit back and the long wait for it to reach them and then the replacement to reach you...

Back