VIOFO A119 V3

Spoke to someone at Amazon.ca this morning (a week after placing the order).

They are saying they are having trouble sourcing the camera.
Mine is supposed to ship July 5th and be delivered July 8th.

I’m not sure what that means since it’s Sold by OCD Tronic and fulfilled by Amazon. (Not “sold by” Amazon so they are not sourcing anything themselves). It sounds like that support agent was just feeding you lines. Stock arrived and Amazon have them in their warehouses now across all of North America. They could still be shuffling stock between various warehouse locations.

Last edited:
Wow .. what an improvement with the V3 over the others. Nice work there OCD.
I want to see night vision before being completely sold... to see if VIOFO have got rid of the yellow wash over night vision that was a turn off in the A119.
Never been happy with the A119PRO ... although can't grizzle too much .. nudge nudge..
I'd like to see the A119V3 compared to the latest A119S to see which is better ... day and night.

@USDashCamera says he might have the part two night performance of the comparison ready to upload as early as later tonight.

Sorry for the late comparison between V2 6Ro and V3 fw1.02. I had switch rear to front and forgot change res. I thought it would not be a fair fight unless they were both the same res. Had to get some more footage. Ignore dashcam Date/Time and info for V2 as Incorrect. Both dashcam Had CPLs and GPUs.
Will up about 10 mins to 20mins from posting this link.

@USDashCamera is working on an A119 V3 video review. Here is a little preview:
EDIT: Day is up already (night coming soon) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/head2head-viofo-a119-v3-comparison-with-v2-pro-a129.39661/
Top Left A119 V2, Top Right A119 V3,
Bottom Left A119 Pro, Bottom Right A129
30 mph

View attachment 47111
Great comparison which proves for the last 2 years the stock Bitrates on all Viofo dashcams are hilariously too LOW. What do you expect when 2560x1440 resolution records at 30 Mb/s compared to stock 23 Mb/s.
Rerun the same test using Modified Firmware for A119 Pro at 32 Mb/s and A129 Duo at 32 Mb/s and A119 with improved IQ.
I wonder which Viofo Dashcams will be discontinued.

interpolation
The A129D is only 1080p native resolution.
Sony 2MP IMX291 Exmor R Starvis Image Sensor has maximum 1945 x 1097 effective pixels, anything higher is software interpolated, it cannot support 2560x1440p without distortion.
It only increases file size with no image quality gain.
but I understand why you are doing it . . .
. . . to promote the A129 Pro 4K which replaces the A129 Duo.

but I understand why you are doing it . .
:)
I do this for myself, so that when comparing with the same resolution, I do not need to resize in Adobe!
Video quality is not required here.
Interested in the result - with changes in the tables, brightness, ISO, color ....

Yes, and then I just tried, and constantly no longer use!
And about 129 - 4K, I did not say !!

where there is a joke - a smiley !!!

Last edited:
Viofo A119 v3 Footage - FW 1.02 with CPL and WDR On

Reactions: gse
The heat it's must be running at how long before 0 channels?

I do not understand that inscription, this can only be done through the H editor.

Back