VIOFO A119 V3

With the first record it is clear how the second jumped over the model brand ??

A -a, there in the menu two stamps can be prescribed. :D

You can enter what ever you want in the custom text and the registration number option. You choose..

@USDashCamera is working on an A119 V3 video review. Here is a little preview:
EDIT: Day is up already (night coming soon) https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/head2head-viofo-a119-v3-comparison-with-v2-pro-a129.39661/
Top Left A119 V2, Top Right A119 V3,
Bottom Left A119 Pro, Bottom Right A129
30 mph

View attachment 47111

@USDashCamera is working on the night comparison video next. (coming soon)

Top Left A119 V2, Top Right A119 V3,
Bottom Left A119 Pro, Bottom Right A129
low light.jpg

night1 text.jpg

Here is the video!

This is the text I posted in my main thread:

So one thing I wanted to point out is it seemed like in my video comparison, there is a part where I am passed by a dodge truck. There is a split second where it seems the A129 is the ONLY one that can read the license plate very well. I thought maybe its because its only 1080p? But at 60 FPS is it letting less light in? My hypothesis from watching several instances where the V3 always looked best with most definition is what's really happening here is the A119 models are on the left side of my rear mirror, and the A129 is on the right side; so when the truck passes on the left, my trucks high headlights are bouncing light back much harsher to the 3 A119 models, where the A129 on the far right is not getting all that light bounced right back at its lens. I could be wrong, let me know what you guys think. In every other case the V3 looked obviously best.

Also the reason I don't have a 4 way image like the day sample above is NONE of them were able to read a license plate while passing an oncoming car at any decent speed at night, even the V3. Night is still very hard to make plates legible at speed like that.

Being so reflective, USA Number plates are always a challenge for dashcam sensors at night . Euro plates always look great at night on many dashcam videos I've seen.

These ever increasing comparison videos are demonstrating how good the V3 really is and will no doubt get better, if that's possible, with firmware updates.

I've only had my V2 a couple of months and I'm very pleased with it *but I hate all of you posting side by side* because I can see me getting a V3 before too long so the V2 will be destined for the gadget drawer already :D :D :D

*only joking*

These ever increasing comparison videos are demonstrating how good the V3 really is and will no doubt get better, if that's possible, with firmware updates.

I've only had my V2 a couple of months and I'm very pleased with it *but I hate all of you posting side by side* because I can see me getting a V3 before too long so the V2 will be destined for the gadget drawer already :D :D :D

*only joking*
Get a new V3 for the front, throw your V2 as a rear cam!

In my opinion the only fair comparison may be only between cameras with Sony sensors. It will be very usefull if can be put side by side also A119S camera.

In my opinion the only fair comparison may be only between cameras with Sony sensors. It will be very usefull if can be put side by side also A119S camera.
A129 uses the sony starvis image sensor. unfortunately I traded my A119S to someone on tacomaworld.com for some fabricated truck parts haha. It seems like the overwhelming majority prefered the V2 over the S model so it seems like Viofo just decided to kill off that name designation, because in reality to me the A119 V3 is really the A119S V3.

Last edited:
True, 129 uses starvis image sensor, but since now A119s give better image than 129.
i suppose that shouldn't surprise any of us since its a single channel cam but for comparison sake i think the v2/v3/pro/a129 were best 4 to compare in terms of what consumers are buying now. although i was told the pro was discontinued so who knows how long that'll be in stock. viofo's website only lists the A129, A129 Duo, A129 IR, and A119 V3 now.

I have considered using my older dashcams as a rear cam but always considered just a front cam is all I really need.

Available tomorrow from Amazon UK but I'll wait a short while:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07RXQLV5C
but without a rear camera how are you gonna capture drunk trashy women fighting damaging your car like I did 2 weekends ago!?!?!

unfortunately i haven't been able to identify the aggressor.... but entertaining at least hah. besides the fact that I gotta pay a $500 deductible to fix it now.

Mine doesn't come out of the garage after dark. Mainly just a holidays and rubbish tip run car.

FYI, V3 uses a different GPS chipset so you can’t mix V2/V3 GPS mounts between A119 V2/V3 dashcams (not sure if this was posted before today but it’s an FAQ already)

128ccb310af2e839813a5939c69a4e5e.jpg

This info has been published prior to anyone by myself in the box opening on YouTube. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and lot of credit goes to BCHobbyist..

Back