VIOFO A119 V3

Spread out for testing, mod firmware based on V1.02
Raised bitrate 50, removed resharp, changed stamp, while so.
Do not forget inc. H265 - reduce file size.
And after flashing, a default reset is a must !!
Example, original.

Attachments

• Штамп.jpg
    Штамп.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
This is my first time hardwiring a dashcam. Do I need to enable parking mode now? Or could I just leave it recording continuously until it reaches the voltage/time set?

This is my first time hardwiring a dashcam. Do I need to enable parking mode now? Or could I just leave it recording continuously until it reaches the voltage/time set?
1. Have you connected the A119 V3 via HK3?
2. Do you need Parking mode?
3. Yes, you need to enable the parking mode in the menu - select the mode in which the dashcam will work in this mode after the ignition is turned off.

Modders please start a new thread

Here is a sample of what the V3 can do at stock Mbps.

Last edited:
1. Have you connected the A119 V3 via HK3?
2. Do you need Parking mode?
3. Yes, you need to enable the parking mode in the menu - select the mode in which the dashcam will work in this mode after the ignition is turned off.
It's wired to PMP, yes I need parking mode.
Do I just turn it on and forget it? I see there's lots of options like time lapse, motion detect. What's recommended?

I would recommend a Low Bitrare Recording mode.
It seems to me that a record with a low bitrate is the best that came up in a dashcams recently, along with buffering.
Although all this is individual, but this is just what I like :)

I would recommend a Low Bitrare Recording mode.
It seems to me that a record with a low bitrate is the best that came up in a dashcams recently, along with buffering.
Although all this is individual, but this is just what I like :)

Yeah, low bitrate for static parking mode is one of those simple, clever and common sense engineering tweaks that seems fairly easy to intoduce to dash cam firmware but one that offers a big payoff.

I recently ordered the A119 V3 and trying to learn as much as possible and get all my ducks in a row before it arrives. I'm unclear if the 3rd party app "Dashcam Viewer" is still necessary with the V3 as all the Raw files I've tried to view with VLC shows gps & speed. So my question is, have these "raw" files already been decompressed using a 3rd party app or is the gps & speed directly embedded into the .mp4 file for viewing with the V3? If it still requires a 3rd party app can someone so kindly provide a link to where I could download a unaltered recording with gps directly off the sd card please?

data is in the videos, you don't need anything extra for that, the player allows you to view map data along with the video

data is in the videos, you don't need anything extra for that, the player allows you to view map data along with the video

Thank you... that clarifies everything for me.

You could download the demo version of "Dashcam Viewer" it does allow you to view 2 files and view the GPS data graphically and the video at the same time, then decide if you wish to purchase the full version although the demo does not time out. If you are not bothered about the GPS info in graphic form any decent player should be OK, I would suggest VLC, PotPlayer or Kodi amongst many.

You could download the demo version of "Dashcam Viewer" it does allow you to view 2 files and view the GPS data graphically and the video at the same time, then decide if you wish to purchase the full version although the demo does not time out. If you are not bothered about the GPS info in graphic form any decent player should be OK, I would suggest VLC, PotPlayer or Kodi amongst many.

Thanks for your input. I was trying to figure out if I needed Dashcam Viewer to see gps and speed info on videos. I thought I read somewhere gps / speed info wasn't visible on the videos without the 3rd party apps but now I understand it is. Perhaps what I recalled reading was another version or dash cam brand all together idk. Thanks again.

Thanks for your input. I was trying to figure out if I needed Dashcam Viewer to see gps and speed info on videos. I thought I read somewhere gps / speed info wasn't visible on the videos without the 3rd party apps but now I understand it is. Perhaps what I recalled reading was another version or dash cam brand all together idk. Thanks again.
You can optionally overlay the GPS speed and coordinates and time into the video image so that it is seen whenever and however you view the video, but the camera also embeds the information as a data stream which normal video players will not see but a Dashcam Viewer app will be able to decode and display, so if you turn off the overlay option you then need a dashcam viewer to see the GPS info. You can also turn GPS off completely.

Viofo dash cams always imbed the GPS data if available there is no option to choose to overlay off. You can choose to use/turn off the GPS but that defeats the object of a GPS.

Last edited:
Viofo dash cams always imbed the GPS data if available there is no option to choose to overlay off. You can choose to use/turn off the GPS but that defeats the object of a GPS.
You can turn off the GPS Stamp (overlay), you can't turn off the embedded GPS data stream without turning the receiver off.
You remove the embedded GPS data stream later on your computer if you don't want others to see that data, but you can't remove the overlay stamps to recover the original image.

One make that doesn't include the GPS data, unless you use their app, is Blackvue.

That was a deal breaker for me as I want my location visible in any player.

I just bought two A119 V3 and have unboxed them. Yay!

How exactly do I enable H265 mode though?

I read in an earlier post that you need to pause recording, hold down the "MIC" button for four seconds, then if you go into the Menu, Resolution, you should see H265 options.

However, I've done that and don't see any H265 options - it just shows the same resolutions as it did before (3840x2160P 24fps, 2560x1600 30fps, 2560x1440P 30fps, 2304x1296P 30fps etc.)

Did I miss something?

Back