VIOFO A119 V3

265 doesn't enable any new resolutions, it just saves the footage in 265 format.

H265 options - it just shows the same resolutions as it did before (3840x2160P 24fps, 2560x1600 30fps, 2560x1440P 30fps, 2304x1296P 30fps etc.)
if H265 is not enabled, there will not be 2160P resolution, only 2560x1600 30fps, 2560x1440P 30fps ........

Which resolution do the experts recommend for the best video quality day & night on the V3? ------> that's you folks (y)

1440p at 30fps is the best and recommend to me by Viofo. The 4k resolution is no where near perfect in the V3 and is not marketed as 4K so do not expect too much support from Viofo if something goes wrong. H265 does not offer much of a file size benefit. I would suggest staying with H264 for more compatibility.

So I've received the A119 V3 Thursday and the HK3 hardwire kit yesterday. Installed into my vehicle and now I cant seem to understand how the parking modes actually work. I've tried triggering the Parking mode G-sensor "sensitivity high" by tapping it but haven't been able to get it to activate. I've tried the lower fps modes but when I tried that at 5 fps the video was recorded at normal 30 fps but playback was quite fast. This is confusing me, when I lower the fps on my home security system I don't notice this speed up on playback only less frames for the cpu to process and data across the network & storage. I've looked all over and haven't been able to find a video that goes into much detail on Parking modes. So my question is has anyone thoroughly tested each of the Parking modes that could explain each of them, pro's and cons of each that a lay person would understand?

So I've received the A119 V3 Thursday and the HK3 hardwire kit yesterday. Installed into my vehicle and now I cant seem to understand how the parking modes actually work. I've tried triggering the Parking mode G-sensor "sensitivity high" by tapping it but haven't been able to get it to activate. I've tried the lower fps modes but when I tried that at 5 fps the video was recorded at normal 30 fps but playback was quite fast. This is confusing me, when I lower the fps on my home security system I don't notice this speed up on playback only less frames for the cpu to process and data across the network & storage. I've looked all over and haven't been able to find a video that goes into much detail on Parking modes. So my question is has anyone thoroughly tested each of the Parking modes that could explain each of them, pro's and cons of each that a lay person would understand?
It's just that you probably confuse some of the concepts, in addition, the instruction may not be in time for improvements and changes in the firmware.
Timelapse is not a video recording at a speed of 5 frames per second, it is a frame-by-frame shooting that "sticks together" into a video clip, so in the file properties you see 30 fps, the video should turn out to be "accelerated", in this
case 6 times. This has nothing to do with CCTV/security systems.

Check the Low Bitrate Recording mode, this is one of the most optimal now, along with the recording mode using the G-sensor with buffering. One minute of recording takes up just 30 MB. This is a stable record of everything that happens.

It's just that you probably confuse some of the concepts, in addition, the instruction may not be in time for improvements and changes in the firmware.
Timelapse is not a video recording at a speed of 5 frames per second, it is a frame-by-frame shooting that "sticks together" into a video clip, so in the file properties you see 30 fps, the video should turn out to be "accelerated", in this
case 6 times. This has nothing to do with CCTV/security systems.

Check the Low Bitrate Recording mode, this is one of the most optimal now, along with the recording mode using the G-sensor with buffering. One minute of recording takes up just 30 MB. This is a stable record of everything that happens.

Thanks for your input. Yes I've figured out that the Time Lapse 5 fps was compressed into the 30 fps video and would accelerate the playback speed. I have been testing the different modes since I posted my questions and not sure which I'll end up on as they all have pro's and con's, I just gotta figure out which one works best for me. Right now I'm trying the Auto event detection and it seems to work pretty well although it did miss a big black SUV park across from me at the restaurant earlier tonight so maybe I need to increase the sensitivity to high.

I've still been working with parking modes and noticed tonight that when connected with HK3 hard wire kit in Parking mode "Auto event detection" if I purposefully cause a triggered event with the G sensor by tapping the A119 V3 it flashes the yellow caution icon, beeps 3 times and starts recording a 45 second video. However it did not place the files in the RO folder as I expected, it placed them in the "Movie" folder as Date_TimeP.mp4 @ 8Mbps as if a normal parking mode file. Has anyone else noticed this or is this expected behavior or known bug??

It was my understanding anytime an event triggered the G-sensor it would lock the file and place it into the RO directory and that's not happening on mine. I also notice after it displays the Caution across the entire screen it places the yellow Caution Icon at the top of the LCD header while it writes that file but once done writing it's gone. IMO it would be greatly beneficial that the Caution Icon stay on screen in the header until the user clears the event, especially if it doesn't lock the files in the RO folder.

I've still been working with parking modes and noticed tonight that when connected with HK3 hard wire kit in Parking mode "Auto event detection" if I purposefully cause a triggered event with the G sensor by tapping the A119 V3 it flashes the yellow caution icon, beeps 3 times and starts recording a 45 second video. However it did not place the files in the RO folder as I expected, it placed them in the "Movie" folder as Date_TimeP.mp4 @ 8Mbps as if a normal parking mode file. Has anyone else noticed this or is this expected behavior or known bug??

It was my understanding anytime an event triggered the G-sensor it would lock the file and place it into the RO directory and that's not happening on mine. I also notice after it displays the Caution across the entire screen it places the yellow Caution Icon at the top of the LCD header while it writes that file but once done writing it's gone. IMO it would be greatly beneficial that the Caution Icon stay on screen in the header until the user clears the event, especially if it doesn't lock the files in the RO folder.

Bump..

Has no one tested their G-sensor & file locking capability while in Auto event detection? Everything I've found on the subject the reviewers don't go into any objective testing on parking mode or G-sensor triggering / file locking. I've opened a ticket with Viofo and messaged Amazon seller OCD Tronic. Viofo hasn't answered yet and OCD Tronic hasn't heard of the problem and is getting with manufacturer. Would like to know if my device is an isolated case or if all A119 V3 fail to lock files in the RO directory when in Auto event detection mode.

Not me, I just use mine for recording whilst driving and therefore all sensors turned off or set to minimum.

Car garaged so need for parking mode.

Not me, I just use mine for recording whilst driving and therefore all sensors turned off or set to minimum.

Car garaged so need for parking mode.

I park at store fronts and parking lots sometimes so it's an important to me that G-sensor triggered events are locked both when in normal driving mode and in parking mode. Not so much concerned with it while I'm parked at home.

This is how the g-sensor originally locked parking mode files on the A129, but it was changed in a firmware update. I'm sure once Viofo is aware of this they will change it in a future update.

This is how the g-sensor originally locked parking mode files on the A129, but it was changed in a firmware update. I'm sure once Viofo is aware of this they will change it in a future update.

So your saying the A129 did not lock files in the RO directory when in Auto detect parking mode with G-sensor trigger? I'm still waiting on Viofo to get back with me, my ticket said they usually get back within 24 hrs and we're at about 28 hrs now so hopefully I'll hear from them by the end of the day. Would still be nice if someone that had the A119 V3 could confirm if there's acts the same as mine, just to make certain I don't have a defective unit.

So your saying the A129 did not lock files in the RO directory when in Auto detect parking mode with G-sensor trigger? I'm still waiting on Viofo to get back with me, my ticket said they usually get back within 24 hrs and we're at about 28 hrs now so hopefully I'll hear from them by the end of the day. Would still be nice if someone that had the A119 V3 could confirm if there's acts the same as mine, just to make certain I don't have a defective unit.
Correct, A129 g-sensor triggered files did not go into the RO folder until they changed it in an update.

I will try to test a A119V3 unit I have to see where the g-sensor files go, but I doubt you have a defective unit.

Correct, A129 g-sensor triggered files did not go into the RO folder until they changed it in an update.

I will try to test a A119V3 unit I have to see where the g-sensor files go, but I doubt you have a defective unit.

Thank you.

That would be great if you could test and confirm how yours works. I'd appreciate it.

Back