VIOFO A119 V3

I realise this v3 is not dual channel but just wondering if there is a dual channel version in the pipeline?

There's the A129 Duo that is in the market now. The A129 Pro is coming soon but not sure when.

There is the A129Pro in development at the moment no release date yet. As far as the A119V3 I do not think a dual channel version is going to available. If I am wrong I am sure @viofo will post here.
I think the clue is in the names: A119, A129, A139.

There is the A129Pro in development at the moment no release date yet. As far as the A119V3 I do not think a dual channel version is going to available. If I am wrong I am sure @viofo will post here.

Thanks Tractor. I'd defo be interested in the A129 Pro - hopefully won't be too long before it's released (a little optimism never hurt anyone! :D)

There's the A129 Duo that is in the market now. The A129 Pro is coming soon but not sure when.

Yes I've been looking at the A129 with some interest - though if the A129 Pro is coming before too long then I could be tempted to wait

Last edited:
If there is A139, the A149 will be not too far away.
Maybe it is like memory card size, and they keep doubling: A119, A129, A149, A189... :D

Hi everyone

Those who have Viofo A119 V3, can you please confirm on the following :

1.Can the existing CPL that applies for Viofo A119 V2 applies the same for Viofo A119 V3 ?

2.Can this suction cup mount (see link below) fit in nicely to Viofo A119 V3.

3.What is the longest Loop recording file for Viofo A119 V3 ?

4.Viofo A119 V2 camera can move left/right/up and down, what about V3, can it move left and right besides up and down ?

5. If Loop recording is off, I am guessing the dash cam will automatically switch off once it hit the limit of 4GB due to restriction
of FAT32. If assuming that is the case and I reboot the dash cam, will it automatically over write the first 4GB of video. In case you are wondering why I am asking this is, I am going on a road trip approx 2000 km and along the route there are are nice scenery which I want to have it captured on video.

Hope some input on this.

1 same CPL as V2
2 The V2 mount is a little loose when V3 used maybe the Evo foam as used between GPS and A119 may cure that
3 10 mins
4 No swivel side ways only up and down
5 Can not answer that for sure as have not used in that scenario. It may stop recording and bleep wanting another card or require formatting
6 Enjoy your Trip

Last edited:
If Loop recording is off, I am guessing the dash cam will automatically switch off once it hit the limit of 4GB due to restriction
of FAT32. If assuming that is the case and I reboot the dash cam, will it automatically over write the first 4GB of video.
I was wondering, I checked.
The registrar recorded 11 files of 2.73 GB on a 32GB card, stopped recording and suggested formatting the memory card.

The 4Gb limit of FAT32 is just for a single file.

A 32Gb card will hold multiple sub 4Gb files without issue.

My 3 minute V2 files are circa ~550Mb so well under 4Gb.

Got 2 questions:

1. Anyone have any idea when the a119v3 might be available on amazon?
2. Can anyone from Canada tell me if they had to pay duty after buying from the Viofo site and how much?

1 same CPL as V2
2 The V2 mount is a little loose when V3 used maybe the Evo foam as used between GPS and A119 may cure that
3 10 mins
4 No swivel side ways only up and down
5 Can not answer that for sure as have not used in that scenario. It may stop recording and bleep wanting another card or require formatting
6 Enjoy your Trip

Thanks for the input, that's helps a lot, I think I will hold back on the V2 mount since it does not properly secure the dash cam. On my road trip, I will be renting a car so using a EVO form ( I will save this EVO form for my own car) is not advisable as it could leave a residue. I will probably improvise and use a non residue tape or alternatively I have a mount which I used to hold my smart phone, the width is more than enough to clamp on the dash cam.

Good luck and Bon Voyage

I was wondering, I checked.
The registrar recorded 11 files of 2.73 GB on a 32GB card, stopped recording and suggested formatting the memory card.

Thanks for the effort you put in there for finding it out, much appreciated :) . Just for clarity , for each of the subsequent 2.73GB file, do you need to reboot each time or does it still continue in a loop ( assuming if it is still in "OFF" loop ) .

Also, what is the recording duration for 2.73GB and at what resolution ? This would help me to plan ahead.

The 4Gb limit of FAT32 is just for a single file.

A 32Gb card will hold multiple sub 4Gb files without issue.

My 3 minute V2 files are circa ~550Mb so well under 4Gb.

Thanks, that is within the confines of FAT32 . I just hope the developers should seriously look into supporting ExFat (no limitation on 4GB) for users like me who might favour more than 4GB file size

@OCD Tronic will sell on Amazon soon, it will be available on Amazon less than 2 weeks.
Better to buy from Amazon, ship to Canada very slow.

Hope I am not troubling you but I need your help as I am in a quandary right now, but I haven't got a response from Viofo itself. According to Viofo, the delivery time would be 14 to 28 (free delivery) business days (see attachment) . I will be leaving on my road trip on the 27th of this month . Under free delivery, it would not reach me on time. So the next alternative, I included express shipment but there is nothing to indicate how long it would take for delivery to reach Singapore.

As for Amazon, it takes about 4 business day under priority shipping but that is a no go until OCD Tronic put it on sale.

I would rather get a V3 than a V2.

Attachments

• Viofo.jpg
    Viofo.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 29
Back