VIOFO A119 V3

We are waiting for a new version of the firmware from VIOFO, where the HDR is turned on according to the schedule !!
They promised that it would be released soon, the test one is not for general use, there it is now at 19-00 HDR turns on, and at 08-00 it turns off !!
Try this latest firmware mod, there are two of them, one on version v2.5 build 20210715, the other FWA119V3_V2.6T_20211019
And an example of night shooting on version M_2_715_FWA119V3

We are waiting for a new version of the firmware from VIOFO, where the HDR is turned on according to the schedule !!
They promised that it would be released soon, the test one is not for general use, there it is now at 19-00 HDR turns on, and at 08-00 it turns off !!
Try this latest firmware mod, there are two of them, one on version v2.5 build 20210715, the other FWA119V3_V2.6T_20211019
And an example of night shooting on version M_2_715_FWA119V3
Thanks very much for the information and firmware.

Does changing HDR on or off affect the bit rate? I thought the two were unrelated.

Does the firmware you shared record at 50 MB/s or 30 MB/s bit rate?

Does changing HDR on or off affect the bit rate? I thought the two were unrelated.Does the firmware you shared record at 50 MB/s or 30 MB/s bit rate?
No.
Default!!

Last edited:
I recently purchased two Viofo A119 V3 dashcams and put a Samsung Pro Endurance SD card in each of them. I formatted each SD card in a separate dashcam and successfully recorded videos on them.
The problem is that I can only remove content from the SD cards through the dashcam or by connecting the dashcams to my PC using the USB data cable which comes with them. If I put the SD cards directly on my PC, I can neither format nor manually erase the contents. I receive an error message that says I do not have write permissions or something along those lines. I did verify that I only have read permissions on both SD cards.
Here is what I have tried so far to address this issue:
  • Use a different micro SD to SD adapter
  • Use different PCs
  • Use both Mac and Windows
  • Use SD Card Formatter v5 on both Mac and Windows
I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and knows how to resolve this problem. This problem means I can no longer use the SD cards anywhere but on my dashcams and makes data transfer for firmware upgrades and cleaning the disk cumbersome.

I haven't tried it on my SDCards but Windows 10 and 11 can prevent actions on storage.

One option is to download and run the 'Take Ownership' registry fix. It might work.

For me though, I only use my cards in my dashcam. For other PC things I use memory sticks or external drives.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and knows how to resolve this problem. This problem means I can no longer use the SD cards anywhere but on my dashcams and makes data transfer for firmware upgrades and cleaning the disk cumbersome.
Try another card reader.

I recently purchased two Viofo A119 V3 dashcams and put a Samsung Pro Endurance SD card in each of them. I formatted each SD card in a separate dashcam and successfully recorded videos on them.
The problem is that I can only remove content from the SD cards through the dashcam or by connecting the dashcams to my PC using the USB data cable which comes with them. If I put the SD cards directly on my PC, I can neither format nor manually erase the contents. I receive an error message that says I do not have write permissions or something along those lines. I did verify that I only have read permissions on both SD cards.
Here is what I have tried so far to address this issue:
  • Use a different micro SD to SD adapter
  • Use different PCs
  • Use both Mac and Windows
  • Use SD Card Formatter v5 on both Mac and Windows

If you are using an sd card adapter check it’s not locked.

ED155BBC-5758-4211-BAF0-879CAD039A8F.png

A locked adapter has confused me more than once :cautious: Windows bloatware is almost never worth using; use SDformatter or any of the other better freeware to work with the cards formatting and maintenance ;) And always best to put the card directly into the computer; issues can arise when trying to go through a cam or other device to do this. If your computer doesn't have an sd slot then use a dedicated stand-alone card reader as those tend to work much better than a cam for this kind of thing :cool:

Phil

Hi folks,
while I've been trying to gather as much info as I've could in this thread regarding the freeze frame, I'm still confused.
The questions are simple - what firmware version (stock/modified) and what settings (30/60fps, hdr/non-hdr, resolution, etc) is tried and tested for the sharpest freeze frame with this dashcam?
Thanks.

In my testing :

Firmware 1.03
2560x1440
WDR Off (1.03 doesn't have HDR)
30fps
EV 0

I've given up trying to capture UK number plates at night as my bright headlights and very reflective UK number plates just produce a white plate.

I get the white reflective glow with my CCTV system at night with car plates, very annoying and I’ve yet to find a way to fix it even after spending some time playing around with the settings in the cams.

When I look at the above image there are a few things that look different to me :

The road in front isn't illuminated as much as my headlights do, especially Immediately in front, which seems to have produced a far less illuminated zone exactly where the number plate is, so I have to assume lower power, halogen?

The dashcam looks like it's on the driver's side of the rearview mirror, illegal in the UK but mentioned by vvs as critical in his testing

There is far less motion blur, even at 97kph / 60mph than I get at night at half that speed, what firmware and settings ?

The number plate doesn't look as reflective as UK plastic plates, white paint ?

Thanks

Didn't see the filename till I clicked it.

FPS ?

It does seem that day and night require different settings. If I use HDR and anything less than 0 EV in daytime then the footage is too dim and there is motion blur.

HDR=on=30FPS!!!
During the day, the НDR needs to be turned off. The latest FWA119V3_V2.6T_20211203_HDR_automatic firmware does it by itself.

Back