VIOFO a119s FIRMWARE

Format the card with the camera and copy only the fw. The name of the fw must be always FWA119S.bin

Are you using a MAC or PC to copy the file to the card? Are you using a card reader to copy the file or plugging the A119S into your computer?

PC , card reader & direct to cam from PC
Like i said earlier , have done it before with no issues at all , it would appear there is defiantly something a miss with it

Try other memory card, it must work

File downloaded from Viofo direct is 4.03mb , exact same size when on micro SD

The file that I have for 2.6 is a little bigger

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 19.21.48.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-21 at 19.21.48.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 16
Tried downloading 2.61 / 4.0 and neither update my firmware , inserted ( another 3 ) cards , simply wants to format as soon as cam boots up . thats it !
Current cam firmware is actually 2.4

Im done . spent 2 hours on it , enough is enough . The camera simply does not read the update file , tried everything now !! 6 cards , direct from pc ,onto card reader ... forget it
Coming out tomorrow & getting replaced

Tried downloading 2.61 / 4.0 and neither update my firmware , inserted ( another 3 ) cards , simply wants to format as soon as cam boots up . thats it !
Current cam firmware is actually 2.4
What do you mean by "simply wants to format as soon as cam boots up". Are you saying the camera boots up and immediately asks to format the card?

Boots up and states you must format the card before use . When formatted within the camera again then file added again , it then just boots as normal and starts recording totally bypassing the update firmware .. simply not reading it I'm guessing and carrying on ..

Boots up and states you must format the card before use . When formatted within the camera again then file added again , it then just boots as normal and starts recording totally bypassing the update firmware .. simply not reading it I'm guessing and carrying on ..
What size and brand card?
I would try using the GUI Format tool in the Viofo website to format the card, then copy the firmware over and see if it helps. Link to the GUI Format Tool is below.
https://support.viofo.com/helpdesk/attachments/19004879156

Just to clarify... The camera works perfectly with the cards , it simply will not update firmware. Off the top of my head I can't remember the card make bit it's one of the recommended ones.. Samsung 128gb. And several others I've attempted to add the firmware

Just to clarify... The camera works perfectly with the cards , it simply will not update firmware. Off the top of my head I can't remember the card make bit it's one of the recommended ones.. Samsung 128gb. And several others I've attempted to add the firmware
Understood. I would still use the GUI Format tool and copy the file to the card right after using the GUI tool. There seems to be something odd about the card with the .bin file on it if the camera asks to format when you copy the file to it.

i think i read somewhere that Hobbyist sugest not to use a card for the upgrade with more then 16GB

Back