Viofo a129 Duo Parking Mode...

jomanjee

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi Guys,

I have obtained a new Viofo a129 Duo thanks to the recommendations in this awesome place and by the help of fellow members here:

I decided to go with 2x 26800 mAh Power Banks and I got Both cams installed yesterday (by myself) and that was a relatively easy task (perhaps easier than i thought !...)

I have one question though regarding this cam, my concern is HOW to enter parking mode while the cam is running from a USB Power bank inside the car ?... from what i noticed the cam immediately starts Video recording anytime its powered on, do i need to STOP RECORDING FIRST ?? to enter Motion Detection Parking Mode ??... I dont want the cam to record 24/7, just wanna do Motion Detection when necessary...

Any tutorial howto upgrade the firmware ?...

And finally, what is the difference between Motion Detection mode under the normal camera settings and the other Motion Detection under parking mode ?? which to use ??... (they cant be on simultaneously...)

I have consulted the manual but it hardly explains things in details, thank you all...

Sam,

i think you may not understan how to use your dash cam.
1.if the parking guard is a automatic function(that means after you trun off your car,the parking function will start by itself.),you need to use a hardwire kit to connect your dashcam.the hardwire kit is need to have ACC wire.
2.normally the firmware for updating is on the official website.
3.normally,there are three method to achieve parking function:motion detection,time lapse,normal recording.i think you just need to set motion detection in parking mode.

i think you may not understan how to use your dash cam.
1.if the parking guard is a automatic function(that means after you trun off your car,the parking function will start by itself.),you need to use a hardwire kit to connect your dashcam.the hardwire kit is need to have ACC wire.
2.normally the firmware for updating is on the official website.
3.normally,there are three method to achieve parking function:motion detection,time lapse,normal recording.i think you just need to set motion detection in parking mode.

I certainly did gather a lot of information from all over how to use a dash cam and operate and have been playing with the settings for the past couple of days, so no worries i know what am talking about :)

>> 1.if the parking guard is a automatic function(that means after you trun off your car,the parking function will start by itself.),you need to use a hardwire kit to connect your dashcam.the hardwire kit is need to have ACC wire.

Yes but in my case am using a powerbank, which is just fine for my case, so how does the dash cam enter the parking mode in this case ?...

Thanks,

Based on a quick peek at the A129 forum and my memory, parking mode will start automatically when the cam no longer detects motion within it's view.

Phil

Guys i got the samsung evo class10 256 gb sdxc memory card, i inserted it into the viofo duo 129 but as soon as it started recording "Memory Error" message displayed on the screen of the dashcam, any idea whats wrong ??!!...

Guys i got the samsung evo class10 256 gb sdxc memory card, i inserted it into the viofo duo 129 but as soon as it started recording "Memory Error" message displayed on the screen of the dashcam, any idea whats wrong ??!!...
Did you format it inside the camera before using it?

Did you format it inside the camera before using it?

Absolutely i did. It was supposed to be a simple task.... yet i keep getting memory error when this card is inserted. My understanding is that the camera can support up to 256gb sd card and i was recommended the samsung evo but i dont seem to be able to get it working with my cam so have i bought the wrong capacity or is there is something that can be done to get it working on the cam ???

Absolutely i did. It was supposed to be a simple task.... yet i keep getting memory error when this card is inserted. My understanding is that the camera can support up to 256gb sd card and i was recommended the samsung evo but i dont seem to be able to get it working with my cam so have i bought the wrong capacity or is there is something that can be done to get it working on the cam ???
You’ll need to finish the testing with the h2testw program. If there is an issue with the card, nothing you do will help.

could be part of the problem, if you get that wrong the camera won't be able to access the card at all, the only thing you need to do with a new card is put it in the camera and format it there

That is Exactly what i did, took the card out from the package, inserted in the camera, formatted it, it gave Memory Error !... Also am pretty sure i bought this from an authorized retailer, one thing though, it seems copying files to the card using the h2testw is rather slow, just 10~12 MB/sec, so its taking forever to fill up 256 GB at this speed, is that a suspicious behavior for the card ?... am using a pretty fast memory card reader which gave me almost 70 MB/sec using cheaper cards ! anyways, almost 3 hours left for the test to complete and will keep u posted, thanks...

Back