Viofo A129 factory sample day and night test

3 pictures of the A129 - one with the mount and two with the menu ( wifi ) .

Thanks for the pictures Viofo Romania ( Facebook page ).

bluetooth? What was the bluetooth for? remote?

bluetooth? What was the bluetooth for? remote?
Yes, to stick on your dash next to your car controls so that you can lock files without having to take your eyes off the road to fiddle with tiny buttons hidden behind your mirror.

Yes, to stick on your dash next to your car controls so that you can lock files without having to take your eyes off the road to fiddle with tiny buttons hidden behind your mirror.

greats. wifi 5ghz and Bluetooth remote.

front and rear - both imx291 like i understand?

Any of the experts on the forum have ideas as to why Viofo chose to go with the sensor from the A119S and not the one in the new Pro (or even the A119 v2) on this new A129?

Is a 2k dual cam setup with decent bitrate just too much for the processor and card to handle so they chose to go with a tried and true 1080 setup?

The Sony IMX291 is a tried and trusted sensor with possibly the best low light performance available for a dashcam. The ON Semi / Aptina AR0521 is a new sensor that will take some time for Viofo to get the best out of it. No reason to use the AR0521 in more than one model until the Pro firmware has matured.

Last edited:
Any of the experts on the forum have ideas as to why Viofo chose to go with the sensor from the A119S and not the one in the new Pro (or even the A119 v2) on this new A129?

Is a 2k dual cam setup with decent bitrate just too much for the processor and card to handle so they chose to go with a tried and true 1080 setup?
I think the processor is limited to 1080 30fps x2 when using dual sensors, there would also be an issue writing enough bitrate to normal memory cards for decent higher resolutions, then there would be increased thermal issues from processing the extra data.

This processor does a better job of 1080 than the previous generation anyway, the quality will be better than the A119S.

Actually that's wrong too. It's Onsemi AR0521

No wonder its so light sensitive "2.2 m Back Side Illuminated Pixel Technology " thats some huge pixels

sorry, noob question, will the a129 be able to do 1440p on the front camera, sounds like no but just wanted to double check. also how would this compare to the a119 pro (quality and also price). I just bought the a119 pro, but it's still within the return period

sorry, noob question, will the a129 be able to do 1440p on the front camera, sounds like no but just wanted to double check. also how would this compare to the a119 pro (quality and also price). I just bought the a119 pro, but it's still within the return period
From what we were told here, no, 1080 30fps front and back is highest it’ll do.

The a129 will have the sensor from the a119s front and rear but it’ll record 30fps and have no 60fps option like the a119s because of the dual channel set up. Again, this is just what we have been told on here thus far. Basically it’ll have good night quality as that’s where the a119s excels.

Back