VIOFO A129 HK3 Hardwire Kit - Possible Faulty

bym007

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi folks,

I have some problems. In Viofo camera menu, I have disabled the Parking Mode Recording.

However, when I turn the key off, I notice the camera continues recording. The battery protection is set to 12.4V, and it did not protect my battery from completely draining itself.

Could this be an issue potentially with the Dash cam or hardwire kit ?
Please advise.
Thanks.

Have you checked the ACC fuse loses power when the ignition turns off?

Have you checked the ACC fuse loses power when the ignition turns off?
Yes, the fuse is shared with a cig lighter, which turns off, as soon as I turn my key off.
The camera mysteriously stays on.

You might double-check your wiring from the 3 wire kit... red wire goes to the accessory/ignition fuse (cig lighter); yellow wire goes to the battery/constant on fuse. It's easy to mix those up.

Yes, the fuse is shared with a cig lighter, which turns off, as soon as I turn my key off.
The camera mysteriously stays on.
Just because the lighter socket turns off, does not mean that the fuse turns off.
The relay for the lighter may be after the fuse instead of before, or could even be on the 0 volts side of the lighter socket - you need to check the voltage at the fuse.

You might double-check your wiring from the 3 wire kit... red wire goes to the accessory/ignition fuse (cig lighter); yellow wire goes to the battery/constant on fuse. It's easy to mix those up.
The Viofo kits are the opposite. Red is the battery wire and yellow is the accessory wire.

Oh thanks for the correction. It's been a while since I actually messed with those wires... So Viofo actually has them in what seems to be "logical placement": red battery/constant power; yellow/accessory - ignition power.

So Viofo actually has them in what seems to be "logical placement": red battery/constant power; yellow/accessory - ignition power.
I don’t understand why everyone else has them the wrong way around, red for power, black for GND is a very old standard!

Back