Viofo A229 Pro GPS mount LEDs

Julian23

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A139
A few days ago I noticed something I haven't seen before with any Viofo dashcam.
While mounting the A229 Pro to the GPS mount, a red LED at the GPS mount lights up when the dashcam is close to the mount but not touching it.
When you touch the contacts of the GPS mount, the red, and one or two green LEDs light up as well.
20231217_155713_008_saved.jpg20231217_155229_073_saved.jpg

I checked with the "normal" A229 but it doesn't have these LEDs.
Does anybody have an idea which functions they serve? The manual mentions nothing about it.

A few days ago I noticed something I haven't seen before with any Viofo dashcam.
While mounting the A229 Pro to the GPS mount, a red LED at the GPS mount lights up when the dashcam is close to the mount but not touching it.
When you touch the contacts of the GPS mount, the red, and one or two green LEDs light up as well.
View attachment 69842View attachment 69843

I checked with the "normal" A229 but it doesn't have these LEDs.
Does anybody have an idea which functions they serve? The manual mentions nothing about it.
The red light is the power indicator. The green light indicates that the GPS can transfer data normally now. The third green light will be on when the module locks a GPS signal successfully.

The red light is the power indicator. The green light indicates that the GPS can transfer data normally now. The third green light will be on when the module locks a GPS signal successfully.
Thanks for the information.

Back