Viofo a229 pro rear dash camera to LCD screen

54918ss

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to connect the rear a229 pro dash camera to any lcd 4k screen using its type C port and preview what it sees, utilising its Sony STARVIS 2 sensors? Or do I need the hardware of the front camera to view this? I want to try and make a rearview mirror that’s very good in the night also.

Not directly, and not easily, but anything is possible :unsure:

If using the Viofo app, or a video player over wifi, then you don't get 4K resolution, or even 2K resolution, but you can play the video on a standard video player such as VLC, so it would work to a smart screen. I'm not sure what resolution the A229 Pro does give over wifi, anyone know?

Maybe the best solution is that Viofo said a couple of weeks ago, that there is a new Viofo dashcam coming with an HDMI output, which should solve your problem properly. I don't know what resolution it will give on the HDMI output, but I would be hopeful of 4K to a 4K monitor. I also don't know when it will be available, I assume this year rather than this month.

Not directly, and not easily, but anything is possible :unsure:

If using the Viofo app, or a video player over wifi, then you don't get 4K resolution, or even 2K resolution, but you can play the video on a standard video player such as VLC, so it would work to a smart screen. I'm not sure what resolution the A229 Pro does give over wifi, anyone know?

Maybe the best solution is that Viofo said a couple of weeks ago, that there is a new Viofo dashcam coming with an HDMI output, which should solve your problem properly. I don't know what resolution it will give on the HDMI output, but I would be hopeful of 4K to a 4K monitor. I also don't know when it will be available, I assume this year rather than this month.
Iv already ordered a mirror dashcam with imx335 sensor on back through AliExpress, this should be ok for now. Do you have a link to where Viofo mentioned this new dash cam, I can’t seem to find any details anywhere

Do you have a link to where Viofo mentioned this new dash cam, I can’t seem to find any details anywhere

I don't think any other information has been released yet.

Is it possible to connect the rear a229 pro dash camera to any lcd 4k screen using its type C port and preview what it sees, utilising its Sony STARVIS 2 sensors? Or do I need the hardware of the front camera to view this? I want to try and make a rearview mirror that’s very good in the night also.
The A229 Pro doesn't support this.

But soon we will have a new model supporting 4K video out, making it useful for a rearview mirror is also our plan.

The A229 Pro doesn't support this.

But soon we will have a new model supporting 4K video out, making it useful for a rearview mirror is also our plan.
Any idea when this will be released?

Any idea when this will be released?
"Soon" normally means weeks to a few months, depending on what needs fixing in the development process. So nobody knows a reliable date yet.

Back