VIOFO A119V3 GPS Malfunction

D.Mino

Reaction score
Country
Italy

GPS Mulfunction​

On last days my Viofo A119V3 cannot connect to GPS signals (40 minutes to connect) while when new it connected in 5-10 minutes. Could it depend on the position on the windshield? My car has a screened windshield.
In any case my cell phone picks up satellites in a couple of minutes inside the car. I tested the dashcam in an open space outside the car and it seems to work in 3 minutes.
There is a dark area, not shielded where I positioned the telepass, but it's but out of reach of the windshield wiper.

Thank you

GPS Mulfunction​

On last days my Viofo A119V3 cannot connect to GPS signals (40 minutes to connect) while when new it connected in 5-10 minutes. Could it depend on the position on the windshield? My car has a screened windshield.
In any case my cell phone picks up satellites in a couple of minutes inside the car. I tested the dashcam in an open space outside the car and it seems to work in 3 minutes.
There is a dark area, not shielded where I positioned the telepass, but it's but out of reach of the windshield wiper.

Thank you
It seems that your windshield has weakened the GPS signal. Is it equipped with a heating foil and a UV filter?
Your phone supports AGPS, which is realized via the internet. So you can get a signal quickly even if there is an interference.

Back