Viofo HW Kits

venezian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A139Pro
I've made it my mission to get my family dashcams and install it for them.

Four, A229 Duo, two A139pro and one, A119 mini 2.

All of them were purchased with their respective HW kits to enable parking mode. I set them all to 12.4v

In two cars I have the a139pro and one with a229 duo and my FIL’s car with a229 duo.

If any of the cars parked for 4 days straight, the battery dies and requires a jump.

the probability of all the HW kits being faulty is not likely IMO.

What Can I do to troubleshoot?

On the camera settings my p mode settings are set to record at the highest settings.

The low voltage cutoff feature is only "active" when the hardwire kit's accessory power input (yellow wire) is turned off. If you've selected a fuse box fuse socket for the accessory (yellow) wire that does not turn off the power when the ignition switch is turned off or if you've combined the red and yellow wires from the hardwire kit so they're both attached to the same fuse box fuse socket, those situations will cause the low voltage cutoff feature to not monitor the vehicle's voltage level.

The low voltage cutoff feature is only "active" when the hardwire kit's accessory power input (yellow wire) is turned off. If you've selected a fuse box fuse socket for the accessory (yellow) wire that does not turn off the power when the ignition switch is turned off or if you've combined the red and yellow wires from the hardwire kit so they're both attached to the same fuse box fuse socket, those situations will cause the low voltage cutoff feature to not monitor the vehicle's voltage level.
I have the red wire going to an always on fuse. I have the yellow wire connected IIRC to the stereo fuse.
I also checked using a 12v tester.

additionally, when I switch my car off, the A139pro voice prompts it’s in parking mode. When I switch the key on or start the car it prompts again that it’s recording (not in parking mode).

Back